SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Stuart Wood
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many fellow slotters selling part or all of their treasured collections, it's clear that the economic climate is biting some hard. But what if straits were so dire that after selling the 1:1 car, the furniture, and the wife, you were finally down to one slot car? which of your collection would be the last to go...

Thinking about this, my choice came as a bit of a surprise - after selling the Slot-its, flogging the Flys and sacking the Scaleys, I'd keep... my completely stock, non-mag SCX Ferrari FXX. At the end of the day, for me, it's about driveability, looks and great handling rather than outright speed, rarity or price. The FXX is a brilliant car - the car I run most often, and it's the one I get most pleasure from. 'Nuf said.

Hopefully a very hypothetical question - but if the chips were down, which would be your solitary slot?

Cheers,
Stu

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Porsche 917 GT longtail Scalextric C22, my first love. With the right riubber a dream to drive with plenty of traction and weight in the right place. She is very forgiving and rarely bites back. And in 1970 she was the pinnacle of motorsport development - she set the shape of LeMans cars for decades.

Someone post a photo!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Only one slot car?-Never!
TED....

I have a 1/24th March 707 I built from a Fein design shell...I would never part with that and I have a Lola-oh hang on, you said only one car---

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Ooh that's difficult.
OK I'll go with a Revell Simca 1000 Rallye.
Which one... Hmmm?

I'd probably have to pick one at random. But then again, maybe a Gold Maestro...?
Cheers,
Richard

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Sorry, but next you will be asking me to pick between my children (err, I only have 5/9th of one at the moment, so maybe my cats)

It cannot be done

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
For club racing...my Scaleauto Radical, flat6 conversion...sooooo dam guick!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts