Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still intending to build my own 60's F1, but due to lack of free time and money, it's being dleayed a bit...

Still, it's great to see everyone else's cars whether complete of in development stages. Unfortunatly, we still have to flick from page to page to see them.

Any chance that you master builders could post some pictures of your machines in one place? Here, for example

Would be cool to see an entire grid building up with the lastest photos. I'm thinking, have one post each. Latest photo, brief bit of writing, then a link to the topic all about your car in particular. Would be nice. Then you could edit your post and update it with a new picture or bit of writing.

Just a thought!

McLaren

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nope, can't post any pictures of mine. I don't want to lose the element of surprise. I want to hear some chuckling when they open up the box containing my little pigs

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Ok, I'll start the ball rolling

I wasted a lot of time trying to upgrade the K's motor I had originaly fitted, but have now put one of the small Mabuchi CD drive motors in and am pleased with that.
Now need to rework the engine/gearbox area and the driver to fit round the motor.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Well, the boys at the Matra factory have been busy (if somewhat slow!). I was waiting for film pics to update the MS10 thread but here's a scan of the basic chassis, taken a couple of days ago before any of the "really, really secret" bits were added.
Sorry... it's all I'm allowed to show for now!

Chassis is a center-pivot/torsion-bar design, stolen from... errr, influenced by the info on Chris Brigg's site.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
geting a bit technical for 60s arent you I might have to start another ( after ive finnished the other 18 projects )

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE getting a bit technical for 60s arent you

Me?? Look at Chris's (Beardog)!!
Besides... KISS is a principle that I only adhere to around women...

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Just sent Rocky $100 to drop it acidently as he opens the box, hes not getting any younger you know

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What motor bracket is that Fergy?

Have you thought about what wheels and tyres you will use yet?

McLaren

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Beautiful work Fergy, nicely cleaned up as well - I love shiny brass and piano wire.

Can I be bossy here, please update your Matra thread with this picture as it keeps the continuous story of the build in one place and it's easy to check for copyi..... referring to!!

David

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
You wasted your money, Grah! He'll probably throw it on the floor... 'cause I'm gonna pack it in those "peanuts that explode everywhere when you open the box!" that he mentioned...

McLaren, it's a custom bracket. The motor plate was cut from a PM bracket and the bearing holders are from 1/16" brass. I'm using BWA wheels (32003 rear and 32001 front) and Indy Grips silicone tires from PM at the back (PMTR4626) and Ninco Classic at the front (#80503). Tires are 3/8" wide at the back and 1/4" wide at the front.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Eh??? Thanks, Chris, but compared to your craft, this is pretty base!
I'm still drooling over the pics of your Lotus chassis, not to mention the body that goes with it!

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Nice link - thanks a lot!

Some of the detail on the model does not match the photos I have, but the rest looks very helpful.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Progress report on the Lotus 49b

Rebuilt the gearbox area and fitted a new Maxi-models driver, old one had just been cut about one to many times!
Have now got the first gloss guide coat on and the body is starting to take shape

As you can see I have lost a couple of the tea strainers off of the inlets, they are on the floor somewhere, really annoyed as they are a real b*****d to make

1 - 20 of 60 Posts