SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
As Much fun reading about it as running it!

Excellent article

I did think there would be more pics of me asleep in the pit box though!!

No wing mirrors or wipers!! who drove last?

I think we did really well considering it was a completely new format for us all, the main thing we can take from this, is that everything must be planned prior to starting the race. From the setting up of the car to the way each is going to drive.

I hate to say it but we were no were near as serious as the other teams and that in the end was why we finished 31st loser.

I have spoken to the other members of the team and can safely say we will return!

We as a team have already had invites to Italy and Portugal to complete in similar events next year. I would like to attribute this to our attitude toward the other teams that were racing and the dynamics of our own team.

Once again thanks to Eric and Phillipe, who must have had a brainstorm to enter this event, and to Alan for coordinating alot of what went on behind the scenes.

Cheers

BSN

PS did I tell you I am still chuffed to have taken part.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOD knows where the wiper went but one wingmirror got removed by me and given to Philippe before it fell off, the other I THINK got removed at the end for the same reason.
They are the ONLY things to be missing but I have to add - THANK GOD FOR DUTCH STICKY TAPE !
CiRSO32 know what I mean ehh guys?

BTW - Overdrive Caps arrived late and are now in the post to you all, plus your Plaque John.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well done on the report. Sounds like the event was a blast. Looks very professional! The Spaniards do take their slots very seriously.

Were all teams 4 membes? Seems like a couple of extra bodies might spread the load a little better.

I can't wait to get the Slot.it review and news!

Cheers, Ken R

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Team membership was a minimum 4 and a maximum 5. One other limation was the fact that every team member HAD to drive at least 6 segments and the organisers checked this thoroughly throughout the event. This was to ensure no Team just relied on their best driver doing all the running.

I have been pointed to a couple of errors (even after double checking (mutter))
These will be fixed today.

1 - Eric and Philippe got named wrong in the picture.
2 - I slept in Philippes Peugeot and not Erics which is not even a Peugeot and wasn't there

3 - Erics first lap times which I badly mistyped, was 14.791 and NOT the snails pace 17.791

SORRY guys!!!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I'm sorry, by coincidence, I haven't been able to read the full report properlyly but now need a change of pants after reading this
QUOTE 2 - I slept in Philippes Peugeot and not Erics which is not even a Peugeot and wasn't there
Are you SURE about all of this, Swiss?
After all, the other guys were just as sleep-deprived as you !

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thats the first report I can recall of an event of its type in English.

It sounds a blast. And where was your lucky cap BSN?

There is the first International London Slot Car Show coming up next year.

Could not Scalextric or somebody organise something at that event. There should be enough space.

The fact it is in London would draw a large international participation if it happened.

I am confident that there would be a lot of teams willing to enter.

There could be a Getslotted Team

A Pendles team.

A SlotCity team.

A Phoenix team

A Wrexham team

An Oxford team.

A Viking team

A Scalextric team?

Etc, etc.

Cheers
Moped

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
uh Grah we'll have a place!

Yes, Mope.

We would NEED Scalextric to sponsor us (track) and we would also need Maurisio in on the action...

I was speaking to BSN last night and he was saying it was all strict and really organised.
Pit boxes etc etc all transport all the cars put on the next lane with the right stickers, there were 2 pit areas, etc etc etc

Also, remember make sure your team knows how the car works!

Inte.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts