SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried and tried over the last few years to get narrow tyred cars, (of which most of my collection are), to run how I want them to on Scalextric Sport track without using the "devil's own invention", namely magnets.

The Sport track Surface, although superb for the magnet boys, is total carp for us non-mag types, now at last, thanks to a chat to RS Slot Racing at the recent Swindon Swappie, I have taken the plunge and bought some Ortman tyres.

I have to say they have transformed the handling of all my cars and now they slide when I want them to not when they feel like it!.

Thank you RS and thank you Michael Ortman

Regards

Alan

PS Apologise to Graham, I should have listened to your advice last year.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had a similar experience recently. Narrow tyres used to mean slippery, slidey and not much fun. After I got some Ortmans for an old Monogram Ferrari 250 recently I have never looked backed. My cars are transformed!

I guess I just hadn't been aware of them before. Maybe if they were easier to get hold of . . . ?

JS

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello guys,

I 've a COX Lotus 40 (1/24) to restore and I know Ortmann does tyres for it?... Where can I find them, in EUROPE?. I also need a windscreen and decals. Any help will be appreciated.
How can I do to contact Ortmann?

Thanks in advance,

Ramon

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Hard to contact Ortmann himself.
Try Overdrive at www.slotservice.com they will get whatever you need.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
No reason you can't deal with Michael direct,
here are some contact numbers

tel ++49 2651 41992
fax ++49 2651 48998

I have his email address somewhere but can't seem to find it at the moment.
Unfortunatly he does not have a website

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Dear Jay,

try to reach Michael directly at [email protected]

Normally it takes him som time to reply, even in German

He also offers substitute tires for 1/24 oldies like Cox or Monogram.

Best regards,

Markus

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (Unleash hell @ 17 Jan 2005, 17:11)Hello guys,

I 've a COX Lotus 40 (1/24) to restore and I know Ortmann does tyres for it?... Where can I find them, in EUROPE?. I also need a windscreen and decals. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ramon
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Ramon,
Probably a bit late now, but I can supply you with Ortmann tyres for your Cox Lotus 40.
I post worldwide, no minimum order. Check my website, www.rsslotracing.com.
The tyres you need are listed under Vintage restoration.

Let me know if you need more help.

Colin.

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (Unleash hell @ 17 Jan 2005, 17:11)Hello guys,

Thanks in advance,

Ramon
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I've got decals and a windscreen as well. Not original but good repro from Ortmann.
Colin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts