SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey at all . JPVRs side isn`t updated since November so were in the www can I found informations about the 2012 worlds in Barcelona
? It was planned for the next month but will it start really ? Which drivers did pay the entry fee and will really race ?
Thanx for comments .
Greetz , Ralf from Germany

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,631 Posts
Hello Ralf,
IMCA is a different world from here. It rarely gets mentioned.

Kind regards, Leo

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Leo ,
maybe you are right . I thought with over 20.000 user in this forum there were some more IMCA racer
Well , the date is signed in the race calender of Centre Modelisme Les Franqueses in Barcelona so I think it will start in 3 weeks . Hope they put some information on their side then .

Greetz , Ralf

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last weekend was the date for the worlds in Barcelona . Did it start ??? I don`t know , I found nothing in the web

Greetz , Ralf

·
Eddie Grice
2,307 Posts
Jean Pierre Van Rossem's (Moneytron Onyx etc) attempt to take over world slotracing.
The website used to be highly entertaining given his somewhat controversial style of reporting

Seems to have fizzled out recently though.
Eddie

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Not that mess of a site with colours to make your head swirl and tabloid style headlines?

if it is that then the cars are similar to ISRA ones, why do we need two orgs doing that?

Is it really run by the Moneytron guy? If so, that tells me enough

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I think the site is still around, called MOCPA now.

The ranting got somewhat wearing after a while, and those colors, ouch

·
John Roche
4,203 Posts
I contacterd JPVR last year and expressed an interest in the retro class as I thought it would be fun to ride down to Barcelona to race. My entry was accepted but then I never heard any more.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I had a quick look, it seems things are as mad as ever, but that he is packing in being involved with MOCPA and 'going back to politics'.

At least he is not going back to F1

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well , for people which doesn`t know him , here is his side :
http://www.imca-slotracing.com/
But it isn`t updated since November .
The worlds were for Model Cars , ISRA is for wing cars I think , so thats different classes .
I know a lot of people say negative thinks about JPVR and his race organisation but in fact I meet a lot of great people at IMCA worlds 2009 and 2010 which I never would met without IMCA races . Where else can you meet people like Howie Ursaner from the USA in europe , who lived from slot racing in the 60s and won 3 cars with slot racing
? Or Tim Tyler from Australia ? Or many more .
Yes , I`m missing those JPVR races

Greetz , Ralf

1 - 16 of 16 Posts