SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
QUOTE (DJ @ 8 Mar 2012, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are three simple steps to improving the Scalextric Metro:-

1) Open bin
2) Place Metro in bin
3) Close bin

QUOTE (markis42 @ 8 Mar 2012, 22:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont understand the comment.I asked for genuine advice from genuine people.Perhaps you should have said "open recycle bin" place in and close.

Oops. Guess the Metro is not everyones fave... I've noticed some comments from time to time on SF that were a little unnecessary Markis but I think that the smiley means DJs comment is tongue in cheek. I've seen plenty of useful posts from him. And to be fair, you have had some good advice from Mr Modifier.

I try to keep my comments positive as my mum always said that if I can't say something nice, don't say anything.

I agree with Mr Modifier though. Not a big favourite but if they are cheap... I have a couple that I've repainted. And to be fair they've out lasted the real ones!

Perspective...

·
Registered
173 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 9 Mar 2012, 09:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1:1 Metros were fun, when I worked for BT we had Metro vans, great fun for racing between telephone exchanges.

Ah, BT Metro vans. As a former BT fibre contractor I was given a V8 engined LDV pilot for "evaluation". Proper engine, rubbish van.
QUOTE (DJ @ 9 Mar 2012, 09:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In future I will endeavour to keep my comments less "tongue in cheek" and more "positive and informative".

Best regards.

DJ

Very contrite DJ. Using a 'Allo 'Allo German accent repeat the mantra " Ferry amusink. Ve haf vays ov making you laff!"

Same for the 1:1 6R4... in French, "Ooh, Ze nobs and ze lights..zay are all flashing..."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.