SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to Oxigen and have recently converted my Ninco track to O2. Everything works except for this one issue. if you de-slot after crossing the finish line the system registers a time that is about 0.5-1s faster than a usual lap. I am using the Ninco power base arc pro controllers and C1 chips.

What i have noticed is that the red led on the chip goes off for about a second after crossing the finish line (not sure if this is normal) and I suspect that if you de-slot while the led is off it records these faster times. If anyone has any similar experience or knows how to fix this please advise.

Much appreciated, thanks

· Registered
214 Posts
Just now that you mention it, the other day we were training at the club and the same thing happened to us. It is a count of less than 1 second when he entered the pit lane. We use Crono racing manager from slot.it. Previously this was not done using dongle version 2.XX, Crono or Pclaps counter. This has happened to us as a result of versioning dongle to version 3.11, SCP3 version 3.11 and chips 3.04 / 3.10

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Hi

I am new to Oxigen and have recently converted my Ninco track to O2. Everything works except for this one issue. if you de-slot after crossing the finish line the system registers a time that is about 0.5-1s faster than a usual lap. I am using the Ninco power base arc pro controllers and C1 chips.

What I have noticed is that the red led on the chip goes off for about a second after crossing the finish line (not sure if this is normal) and I suspect that if you de-slot while the led is off it records these faster times. If anyone has any similar experience or knows how to fix this please advise.

Much appreciated, thanks
Yesterday I was testing a C chip on a 1/24 with the body off, and when crossing the S/F line I noticed that the red led stopped blinking for a short while.

It is the controller that keeps track of the lap times.

To your issue above: are you saying that this happens when you cross the S/F line and have a deslot? Is you S/F line at the of a straight just before a corner?

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Just now that you mention it, the other day we were training at the club and the same thing happened to us. It is a count of less than 1 second when he entered the pit lane. We use Crono racing manager from slot.it. Previously this was not done using dongle version 2.XX, Crono or Pclaps counter. This has happened to us as a result of versioning dongle to version 3.11, SCP3 version 3.11 and chips 3.04 / 3.10
hi Fer226

This behavior can be caused by the way you have set up your pit lane exit.

It might be the case that this was already happening but now you are paying more attention and noticing this.

Anyway, do you ahve a pic of your layout? would be good to see where you have placed the S/F line, the pit exit and the pit exit magnet.

I seriously doubt that is something to do with the firmware.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday I was testing a C chip on a 1/24 with the body off, and when crossing the S/F line I noticed that the red led stopped blinking for a short while.

It is the controller that keeps track of the lap times.

To your issue above: are you saying that this happens when you cross the S/F line and have a deslot? Is you S/F line at the of a straight just before a corner?
Interesting, so do the arc pro controllers also keep track of the lap times and could that be the issue ?

I did do some testing with moving the S/F line around and one thing I found interesting was that when the S/F line was 1 straight before the pit entry it wouldn't pick up that you entered the pit. If you crossed the S/F line, waited for the red LED to come back on and then entered the pit it would register that you entered the pit.

Yes, this happens when you cross the S/F line and have a deslot. The S/F line is about 1.5 Straights(pit exit) away from the corner. I've also tried about 3 straights(pit entry) away from the corner and still the same issue

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Ok, so correct me if I am wrong.

Say your average best lap time is 5 sec, this while keeping the car on the track (you made it to the corner and keep racing).

Then, when you push it after a hot lap, you miss your brake point and overshoot it: the car crosses the S/F line but then it goes straight instead of making the corner.

Your lap time is now 4.5s (this lap time gets recorded while the car is still out of the slot and no power to the chip).

If this is the case, there is nothing wrong with the system.

On the other hand, if still your best lap is a 5 sec, and after a very average lap (say that you even stop for the sake of it to make sure that is a slow lap) you gun it on the main straight without braking and you still get a 4.5 sec lap, then definitely there is something wrong.

I am not sure if the hall sensor gets disables for a little while after detecting a magnet.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
I have not seen this issue, but did a few things to improve racing. Our SF was also at the end of long straight. Often we found during quality for example the fastest lap was recorded after a deslot after SF, which of course is not fair, people push too hard and are too late to brake. Good lap time but not fair. Other issue with this is sometimes they put the car back before SF, so it counts another lap!
One other thing to check is the pit lane exit, this is one magnet, as SF. Lap time between pit exit and SF can be faster than normal lap time. This can also happen when pit is not parallel, but pit in is missed for some reason.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so correct me if I am wrong.

Say your average best lap time is 5 sec, this while keeping the car on the track (you made it to the corner and keep racing).

Then, when you push it after a hot lap, you miss your brake point and overshoot it: the car crosses the S/F line but then it goes straight instead of making the corner.

Your lap time is now 4.5s (this lap time gets recorded while the car is still out of the slot and no power to the chip).

If this is the case, there is nothing wrong with the system.

On the other hand, if still your best lap is a 5 sec, and after a very average lap (say that you even stop for the sake of it to make sure that is a slow lap) you gun it on the main straight without braking and you still get a 4.5 sec lap, then definitely there is something wrong.

I am not sure if the hall sensor gets disables for a little while after detecting a magnet.
Unfortunately it is the latter. Did a test again just to make sure. I did 2-3 very average laps and while keeping the same speed took the car off the track as soon i crossed the S/F line and that time was suddenly 1s quicker.

I think this might be something I have to manage manually. Like Minardi said, maybe ignore lap times that are captured this way as it's not fair.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very interesting. We need to reproduce it and fix this.

Lap timing is one of the most complex things in the O2 firmware, and it is quite complex per se.
Thanks. If you need more info or would like me to test anything I'll be happy to.

For now Ive moved the S/F line to a slow section and it's a lot better as deslots are rare

· Vendor
3,108 Posts
I can confirm the issue.

If the car deslots right after passing the finish line (in the immediate vicinity), then the lap time is incorrect (cut short). It is likely that the missing time is added back to the following lap.

We will work on this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.