Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have taken my tablets ........ I'm still a little confused

Sticking with my Incar-Pro chips, what versions of firmware and SSDC should I now use to ensure that I will not problems with missing laps? I see that with firmware v1.09 the ICP features can be toggled On/Off via the SNC protocol. Is the toggle available now or will it appear in v5.4.1?

Big thanks to all the movers & shakers involved on the Digital scene
............ life would be so dull without you guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
As I understand it If you use ICP in all your cars , and whatever SSDC the lap counts will be rock solid. The problem only arises with SSDC and AUX packets AND Non ICP cars.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Firmware 1.09 is solid however I think we need a new version of SSDC, to be able to turn the lights back on.

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
SSDC, Bluetooth dongle & Wireless Throttles "with Knobs on". I think driveway lights need an additional interface.

Rich

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rich ......... I thought that was the case.

The chap across the road from us has paved his drive with blocks and has used some ground lights that are the same dimensions as the blocks ....... the next day when he turned them on ...... someone had put little plastic aeroplanes on them
............ no, not me Guv'nor.

The headlights and the roof ones are wired together on my Merc Safety car; they come on when I press my red button and stop if I press it again ....... cool

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess you mean the merc and not the landing lights .............

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 25 Feb 2012, 05:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The headlights and the roof ones are wired together on my Merc Safety car; they come on when I press my red button and stop if I press it again ....... cool

That is just so cool! I guess this is what happens when clever people think outside the square. I can see it happening all over the place niow, and Scaley wondering why they didn't make better use of their in-car chips... YAY for MIH too.

Yes, pictures please.

TT

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
You will be absolutely fine with v1.09. The problem occurs if you have Incar-Pro and standard chips racing together. When an Aux packet is sent out, the ICP is quite happy but the standard chip interprets them as a reset command ......... KERPOW
as your car disappears through the wall into your neighbour's lounge!

Andrew has set it so you need to press the Incar-Pro magic button to get all the extra-goodness .......... only problem, is that he hasn't given me a magic Jenson

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You lot are going to have to wait a short while for the video ................... but here is a picture to get you started:
View attachment 9730
This was a lot simpler to do that I at first imagined. All you need to do is take the +ve and -ve feeds from the lighting PCB and wire them to your HL points on the saloon chip.

Well, I say that's all you have to do, that is after you added the R1 & R2 jumpers and then flashed your chip to Incar-Pro v3.3 ..... OH I did I mention the BT dongle from Tesco's and one of Andrew's magnificent Throttle-Pro black-magic boxes?

I guess you could even do this for the Police cars and anything else that has flashing lights or even the pimped mobils! YOH - throw me some shapes!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 24 Feb 2012, 22:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You lot are going to have to wait a short while for the video
Candidate for understatement of the year

Sorry couldn't resist it, blame Google, it popped up at the top whilst searching for the ICP thread.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
... now, about that video ........ the next appearance of a Slot Track Scenics mega-track will feature a fully tricked out Scalextric Safety Car with the controllable light.

Honest guv' ........

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Hi
Can bring mine as well Greg if needed,Mark W has one as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts