SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Just a few of my thoughts regarding increasing membership of the NSCC.
Why not try & get a few more members by sending leaflets out to all the slot racing clubs out there(or even small posters we can pin on the club wall)?
Also, send out any old NSCC magazines out to the clubs so potential members can see what a great little mag it is.
I`ve recently started to leave my read magazines at the club & as a result a couple of members have signed up to the NSCC.

& you have a list of active slot clubs on the NSCC site.
Why not politely ask the clubs who own a website to return the favour? I`ve put a direct link up to you on the North East Restoration Club Slots website & also on my Jouef website.

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I will give you a view from my perspective. I was a member last year (after few years of not renewing) and to be honest, I only (re)signed up so I can purchase the 2012 club car. Since there were no news on 2013 or 2014 club car or what it might be, I decided to hold fire on the renewal.
Yes, you can argue that the mag is a great read but in my opinion it is only targeting a casual racer who doesn't visit this forum or other forums on regular basis and is not informed on the latest news within the slot car world. To attract my interest, the mag really has to have some content which is not widely available or content which gets published in the mag before it makes it to social media.

Not criticising in any way, just airing my opinion as to why I signed up in the first place and why I did not renew.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Can`t understand why you would think the mag is targeted at the casual racer & people who don`t visit slot websites?
I`m on SF & French forums all the time.
I`m mainly a vintage collector, but I still enjoy reading about what`s new out there, & it`s nice to see what other clubs get up to.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
424 Posts
@zarko, I'm intrigued to know what sort of content you mean.

The journal has some of the first pictures and comments on new releases, ok there are pictures from toy shows and mock ups but these are real pictures taken by a non employee and their honest comments.

eBay watch does a good job of pointing out things which may be missed or highlighting trends that only a seasoned watcher would pick up.

Articles about events, tracks etc. are great for those who may never get a chance to visit and rarely appear.

What is missing?

·
Prof I T
11,171 Posts
Hi
I first picked up a membership form when the swapmeet was held at the Kingfisher a few years back,but what is off putting about joining is that every time the words nscc come up on s/f there seems to be a war of words and constant in fighting,usually pointed towards the committe.

Non of the above is conductive to attracting new membership.So don't want to start another debate but are things more settled now.?

I like my hobby time to be stress and hassle free.

·
Registered
424 Posts
@Ade, unfortunately there have been some issues, but hopefully things are beginning to settle down. A new constitution is being finalised, which will hopefully sort out processes once and for all.

From my perspective the club has been a great benefit:
  1. Access to special cars
  2. nscc/hornby weekend
  3. reduced price entry to swapmeets, so more to spend on cars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts