SlotForum banner

Information needed on joining track!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Zippideedoda 
#1 ·
Hey guys....and gals. I am trying to put together a new track and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I could join Scalextric Classic to Sport without using the half-staight connector track they offer? I have a lot of Classic track, but want to incorporate some of the new Sport Radius 4 curves into it. Any suggestions?

Zippideedoda

See less See more
#4 ·
Hello astro, I have resorted to buying some SCX for two locations that require single sections of radius 4. However, because of the cost of these little gems($17.00 2-pak)vs. Sport, I was hoping to use Sport in a increasing raduis turn next to some Classic radius 3.

I have the radius 3 to use and if I scrap it for new sport, then I have to go all the back to the start of my turn, where I could have a straight section to start with the sport connector. If I did this I have to buy another $25 worth of track, and put the Classic track I have back in the box to collect dust. I'd rather save the $25 to put towards a new car.

Zippy

#5 ·
I use SCX and Classic together with no problems.. (except every now & again I buy a bunch of new bits for no apparent reason other than "They were on sale" or "you don't see those very often" and get shouted at by the missus!)

#6 ·
My track at home is a mix of Classic and sport. Cars fitted with magnets exhibit very different levels of "grip" due to height of rails between the two types.
Changing track type mid corner will lead to unexpected offs as cars loose grip mid corner. Maybe this will become part of the charactor of your track but more likely will be a pain in the butt! Changing between sport and classic on straights only seems to make great sense to me.

#7 ·
QUOTE (Steve A @ 6 Jan 2005, 08:13)My track at home is a mix of Classic and sport. Cars fitted with magnets exhibit very different levels of "grip" due to height of rails between the two types.

Steve, Since I do not have any Sport track at the moment, can you tell me which track has the higher set rails, Classis or Sport?

And how did you fasten the two different tracks together? I have heard of some metal clips that used to be available to connect track pieces that had lost there connectors, but havn't seen these listed anywhere to buy them.

Thanks for your thoughts on the sudden offs you have experienced.

Zippy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.