Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I purchased a NOS Alfa Romeo from the "Power and Glory" series of cars produced by Scalectrix. I would like to run the car but the rear tires have hardened over the years. Does anyone know of a source in the UK that may sell tires for these older cars, and who ships to the US?

Thanks,
George

·
Slot City
331 Posts
If you haven't had any luck over the next couple of weeks, send me an email and I might be able to get some for you at the Newark swap meet. This is on the 26th October, so make sure you email me a few days before.

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for the info. I'll send Folly models an email. If this doesn't pan out Jon, I'll get back to you. Thanks for the offer.

George

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but do be prepared for original replacements to be in similar condition to the hardened ones. They might be 'fresher' due to better storage conditions (dark, wrapped up or whatever) but they are likely to be the same age and might not be as good as you would hope for.

An alternative is to contact anyone who makes silicone rubber tyres, for alternatives - silicone rubber is hugely less susceptible to aging. Most of these silcone providers, even if they haven't got exact replacements, are often willing to cast new tyres directly onto your wheels and this is a great fall-back option, if needed.

AFTERTHOUGHT
I only know of USA based silicone makers and some are imported by dealers this side of the pond. But does anyone know of UK or Europe based manufacturers?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! The Pink Kar tires fit perfectly and were available at a retailer in my area. The car is a blast to drive - now all I need is to find the Bentley to go with it.

Thanks,
George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts