SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks, I am very sorry if I have posted this information in the wrong forum or area, but I am new to this and I am looking for some help.

My 92 year father in law has passed some slot car (and motorized) kits to me and asked if I can find some information out about them (specifically in regards to value). He is quite unwell and we are trying to gather some funds for some upcoming respite assistance (things have been tough during this Covid period..... but we are all in the same boat I feel) and some of the items he has passed to me have blown my mind. He has had a number of pristine (still in box and never touched) Slot Car and Motorized kits dating back to the early/mid 60's (from what I can see) and my initial 'googling' has not really provided much information (other than these are in incredibly good condition and some that I have noted seem to be also very valuable).

I am based in Melbourne Australia and I really am not sure where to to start looking or who to start asking, but, I have come across this forum and it seems your members are incredibly passionate about this subject; And I thought, where better to asks some questions. I am a muscle car fan myself and a member of a few forums in AU and the members on these forums are genuine and truly helpful folk, so I had no doubts this forum would have similar contributors to this subject.

If I am not asking too much (and please feel free to let me know if I am), please let me share some information (and pictures if my newbie account allows) with you and I would love to hear your thoughts and advice on potential value and where to seek some further discussion, valuation or potential sale points (personally I would love to keep these for my future generations but unfortunately we need to seem some financial assistance in any way we can and I feel that because of the condition of these kits - seriously they are immaculate and pristine - I am reluctant to just lob them up on evil bay, as they need to go to the 'right' home).

I have 15 items in total and they will blow your mind as they have mine. I hope you can see the images, but I have plenty more pictures of the box contents (all still in original plastic wrap, complete with instructions, and all original glue, parts and stickers ........... I am still in awe at the condition of these kits)

1. Manufacturer: GakenTRC (Made in Japan)

Model: Ferrari 330P-2 (GTRC81302)

Scale: 1/24 Slot Racing (FT-36)

Product Gadget Font Material property Publication

2. Manufacturer: Tokyo Plamo

Model: SCARAB

Scale: 1/24 Slot Racing

Kit No: 688 (FT-16)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

3. Manufacturer: Hasegawa Co.

Model: Ferrari Dino-166P

Kit No: RM 27:650 (FT-36)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

4. Manufacturer: Hasegawa Co.

Model: Ford Thuderbird

(Stocker Racing)

Scale: 1/25 Slot Racing

Kit No: SR-02

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

5. Manufacturer: Kogure K-GR

Model: Corvette Sting Ray GT

Kit No: 601 (FT-16)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

6. Manufacturer: Kogure K-GR

Model: Corvette Sting Ray GT

(Ready to Run)

Kit No: 601 (FT-16)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

7. Manufacturer: Hasegawa Co.

Model: Ferrari Berlinetta 250

(x3 identical kits) (Le Mans/Pininfarini)

Kit No: RM 25:1000 (FT-36)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

8. Manufacturer: Hasegawa Co.

Model: Alfa Romeo GT Z

(x3 identical kits) (Giulia/1600)

Kit No: RM-26 (FT-36)

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

9. Manufacturer: Bandai

Model: STP Lotus Ford

(Grand Prix Series)

Scale: 1/16 (Motorized)

Kit No: 3202

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

10. Manufacturer: Eidai

Model: Porsche 917 (Short Tail)

Scale: 1/20 (Motorized)

Kit No: 109-550

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

11. Manufacturer: Eidai

Model: Jaguar XK-E Coupe

Scale: 1/20 (Motorized)

Kit No: 101

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Guitar accessory

Thanks in advance for any help and comments. I am more than happy to post more pictures on request.

Wheel Hood Automotive design Car Motor vehicle

Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car

Car Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive design

Material property Motor vehicle Font Automotive tire Electronic device

Motor vehicle Font Auto part Automotive design Revolver

Product Font Gas Machine Electronic component

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Font Urban design Engineering Visual arts Art

Publication Book Gadget Electronic device Font

Publication Book Gadget Electronic device Font

Rectangle Font Circuit component Electronic component Computer component

Kind Regards

Carlton Fry (aka Franga Fry)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have no idea mate, they look very good and Im not big fan of vintage cars, but they do look good👌

Im sure they should have a good value in the market.

Cheers and good luck with the sell.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
There are some very knowledgeable people on the forum. If you post this in the vintage section you may get more helpful responses.

·
Administrator
9,853 Posts
Hi Carlton, and welcome to the forum.

As suggested above, I've taken the liberty of moving your post to the Vintage & Collectors section, where you should get more feedback.

Can't help you with the motorized kits (maybe somebody else here can chime in), but here's some general guidance on the slot kits: no "holy grails" in there, but some very nice items. Offhand, I'd say the highest value would be for the Hasegawa T-Bird stocker - you don't see that MIB very often! Not as valuable as a Tamiya stocker, but should be worth north of $500 pretty easily. The Hasagawa Alfa Romeo is also up there in value. The others, I generally count on a baseline of about $200, but it can vary pretty widely from there. And these really do seem to be in exceptional condition.

For the others, hard to say, since we don't see them in the box and in such good condition that often. Maybe some of our Australian members can chime in.

For a hint, check this guy's completed sales: he just sold a bunch of mostly built-up cars and a few kits like this, Japanese and Italian, so it should give you an idea of the values (the Italian kits he sold were very rare and highly desireable, more so than your Japanese kits).

For instance:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-Doyusha-Scarab-Slot-car-kit/324403429892?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-Kogure-Jaguar-XKE-Corvette-Stingray-Ford-Mustang-1-24-slot-cars/324403430153?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick feedback guys and thanks Don for moving it to the correct section and for the links.

I did happen to come across this while poking around, so this is a little helpful.

http://www.theoldtoyguide.com/2015/12/28/old-kogure-japan-corvette-stingray-1965-slot-car-kit-1-24/

Are there collectors or even museums that would be worth approaching as these really are in top nick (even the boxes on most of them are pristine) and I would love to see them go to a good home.

I really appreciate the help as I really have no idea.

Thanks a million.

Carlton

·
Administrator
9,853 Posts
You may get some interest from guys on here, in a PM, and there are certain collector networks, but rather informal. Otherwise, it mostly seems to occur on ebay USA these days - as on the Kogure you show.

There is a major museum or two: mainly the LASCM, but they already have pretty much everything, except the really rare items. You could always contact them. Also Bernards Slot Car Museum in Texas, but he's in the process of moving, and he's a bit more specialized in the historic stuff.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts