SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm investigating track sensors and software and stuff for the rebuild of our track - yes, shock horror, the bumps are going to bite the dust at long last - and I've heard that systems shining infra red light across the slot sometimes don't see the blue guides supplied by Hornby on some Nascars.

Is that for real? Not whether Hornby supplied blue guides on Nascars but are across the slot type sensors blind to the blue?

Any helpful feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep, it's for real that these type of sensors don't see a blue guide, or a white one like the early Slot.It cars had. At least it's real on Ninco counters that use these type of sensors.

We had success using a black marker on the sides of the guide to get the sensor to "read" them, but it will wear off again.
We keep telling one another we should try dying the blue guides, but no one's done it yet. If you've got some Scaley cars, then you must have some spare guides you can try dyeing black.

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
We had that problem at the Aberstone track and Dave Le Lievre whose system we have put some resisters?? inline and that solved the problem with the light blue ones, OK the white ones don`t register but its no sweat changing them. We prefer Daves system it does everything you could want and we don`t have the ugly light gantry over the start/finish line.
Cheers Phil B.

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE Dave Le Lievre

Got a link or email (message me the latter if you have, please.)

Generally you guys are happy with this type of sensor - I've only experienced the sensor below the track/light source in a gantry type - or have any comments you think valid?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts