SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the recent chat about the benefits of INOX MX3 for Digital Slot Car tracks I thought I would finish off this demo video I was planning to do over a year ago.

The first half of this video was filmed back in Jan 2019 when I first thought of sharing a demonstration of how good INOX is as a lubricant and the second half was filmed today in 4th Apr 2020 with the end result even surprising me
yikes.gif
and I've been using this product for years
cheers.gif

And for the record I don't have anything to do with the INOX company which is based up in Brisbane QLD down here in OZ, I just use their product which has greatly improved by Digital Slot Car hobby experience and as you will see in the video greatly helped with all sorts of stuff around home
thumbsup.gif

Credit to Mr Flippant for the Title reference showing in this embedded clip
thumbsup2.gif

·
Greg Gaub
15,086 Posts
LOL! Too funny.
smile.png
If it makes that rusty old heap function and continue to do so, why not slot car tracks?
smile.png

Not just for digital slot cars... but also for regular (boring, old) analog slot cars. ;)

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
Great video Phil!
biggrin.png

I used it on analog slot cars at my local club. Better than normal braid treatment, reduces friction so cars are faster and gives better conduction.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
I think one of the ingredients in INOX is lanolin. Someone please correct me if I am wrong
unsure.png

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lanolin is the go, I think WD40 is petroleum based and appears to evaporate a lot quicker than INOX (that has been my experience anyway).

I have found WD40 does give an improvement, it just doesn't give as much an improvement and doesn't last anywhere near as long as INOX. For the record I tried WD40 on that rusted trailer a couple of months before I tried the INOX and got no joy (it was in pretty bad shape).

This will probably get me into trouble but, I just don't use WD40 around home anymore when I have a can of INOX available, except of course for rubbing on those standard Scaley rubber tyres, although that has reduced as I have stopped cleaning the track plastic and let it rubber in over the last few years.

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
WD40 leaves a deposit that dries, and then you have gunk on the track. Inox never dries so doesn't cause a problem later in life.

I also use Inox everywhere now. WD40 is lost somewhere in the back of the garage...

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,285 Posts
I hardly use Inox for slot cars any more not needed it since I sold all my SSD stuff some years back. I do use it on just about everything I used to use WD40 for.

Made in Brisbane eh? Just as I read that, Barry Humphries announced "and now we move a thousand miles north to the parks of Brisbane, where we find water dragons in unnatural habitats.". Coincidence, eh?

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No worries couchflyer, glad it maybe of use to others seeing how finding INOX is probably the single biggest factor that has kept me in the Digital slot car hobby (apart from the FUN factor of course)
thumbsup.gif

If I had to keep up the cleaning regime that I use to maintain for the first couple of years, my laziness factor would have taken over.

A belated welcome to the Forum, by the way that is a great handle of your's given our current shared "lock down" situation
biggrin.png

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great video! As with others, I don't use WD40 any longer either. Keep a bottle of INOX in the truck, in the boat, in the junk drawer in the kitchen, etc. Squeaky doors? No problem. Rusted clips on the dock? No problem. Stuck pin on the hitch? No problem.

Anything. And.....don't forget....it works on slot cars and track as well!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Billy_Cart, Well, I actually got my first can about a week ago. It is amazing how well INOX works on the slot cars. The added bonus is it works on other things as well.

Thank you. I have used this handle for a while now, and lets hope this situation ends soon.

·
Greg Gaub
15,086 Posts
Well, based on that photo, being dragged away by a drop bear is not an entirely unpleasant experience. That woman practically has a smile on her face.

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Bought some ferrite beads and a bottle of INOX from pendles on Sat, just in time I think, there is now a run on this stuff in UK, harder now to find that bog roll....

Anyway, the new bottle is a little different from the old one, it's not INOX-MX3....but...INOX-MX3FG!

I'm going to try it in the frying pan instead of olive oil when I make my bacon and scrambled eggs shortly....will report back!!
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

to

Re the new yellow label, "Ideally suited for FISHING LUBE & GUN LUBE", can any one assist with how I get it stay on the hook and what to do so it doesn't it make a mess of the holster when I'm in a duel...??
ohmy.png

Liquid Drinkware Bottle Fluid Automotive tire

Liquid Font Office supplies Bottle Rectangle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can anyone tell me when is Drop Bear season in the Northern hemisphere, please?...
Pretty sure Drop Bears are native to the land down under, if they jumped out of a tree in the Northern Hemisphere surely they would go up wouldn't they? 😎

1 - 20 of 29 Posts