SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has used Inox MX5 instead of MX3 to clean their track rails?

I called the Inox company today and had a conversation with someone there and they think it will do the same thing. The main difference between the two is that MX5 has Teflon for added lubrication.

I would love to hear your options from any experience with it.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Well that's a good question!

Have a look at this link:

https://www.inoxmx.com/products/mx5-plus-ptfe-lubricant/

I first got a bottle of INOX MX3 from 'Mr Modifier' here on forum few yrs ago, it lasts for ages but I bought another one when it got half empty, just in-case it disappeared (it didn't and you can now get it easily, even from Pendles In UK).

So second bottle I bought ended up being MX3FG - the FG means food grade - basically same as MX3 but certified safe/non-toxic etc. to use in food machinery/food industry etc.

So unless you track is in a 'demanding environment' I think INOX MX3 will be fine. Also I don;t know if there are any downsides to MX5, probably not if it's based on MX3 formulae but you never know...

Get both and try one on each lane a report back?
biggrin.png
thumbsup.gif

"INOX MX5 PLUS is the ultimate formula that takes the original INOX MX3FG and adds the high grade friction modifier Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) for an even higher, super-slick standard of lubrication in demanding environments. it's even NSF H1 registered for incidental food contact.

If you need to handle high speed, high loads, constant friction and extreme pressure, INOX MX5 PLUS with added PTFE is the ultimate lubricant to get the job done."

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I first got a bottle of INOX MX3 from 'Mr Modifier' here on forum few yrs ago, it lasts for ages but I bought another one when it got half empty, just in-case it disappeared (it didn't and you can now get it easily, even from Pendles In UK).

So second bottle I bought ended up being MX3FG - the FG means food grade - basically same as MX3 but certified safe/non-toxic etc. to use in food machinery/food industry etc.

So unless you track is in a 'demanding environment' I think INOX MX3 will be fine. Also I don;t know if there are any downsides to MX5, probably not if it's based on MX3 formulae but you never know...

Get both and try one on each lane a report back?
biggrin.png
thumbsup.gif

"INOX MX5 PLUS is the ultimate formula that takes the original INOX MX3FG and adds the high grade friction modifier Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) for an even higher, super-slick standard of lubrication in demanding environments. it's even NSF H1 registered for incidental food contact.

If you need to handle high speed, high loads, constant friction and extreme pressure, INOX MX5 PLUS with added PTFE is the ultimate lubricant to get the job done."
I will get the 5 and try it. I just don't want to get multiple products and I can see that the MX5 will be much more effective for what I need for everything else.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Hi Vini,

Yep I have used INOX MX5 or INOX Plus years ago, here is a post from 2011.

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49969&p=624717

I bought a can and used it to see if I could notice any difference from the MX3 can, from memory I couldn't discern any real difference in the end after using the whole can I switched back to MX3.

If anything I think MX3 was better, certainly MX5 didn't stand out as any significant difference and didn't negatively impact the track.

Paint Fluid Plastic bottle Bottle Automotive tire
Bottle Liquid Tin Fluid Aluminum can

Attachments

·
Rich Dumas
3,588 Posts
I have been using Inox MX3 for a long time, when I first started using it the product was hard to find but I got some via Amazon. Now I would probably order it from Slot Car Corner. MX3 is mostly lanolin and is not toxic. Inox seems to improve electrical conductivity and reduce corrosion on your track rail or braid. When used on a cars' braids it also reduces friction, so the car will be a little faster, at least for a half dozen laps. I do not use Inox as a lubricant, for that I use Superlube, which is a synthetic oil with micronized Teflon suspended in it. I have never tried Inox MX5.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts

Get both and try one on each lane a report back? :D :thumbsup:

"INOX MX5 PLUS is the ultimate formula that takes the original INOX MX3FG and adds the high grade friction modifier Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) for an even higher, super-slick standard of lubrication in demanding environments. it's even NSF H1 registered for incidental food contact.[/size]
That's all very well but does it smell as good? (-;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts