SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am new to this forum and new to slotcars.
I recently built a 12ftx5ft Scalextric digital track and was wondering about keeping the rails clean!

I came across the inox mx3 as highly recommended!

The question I am wondering about is that inox site says it is non conductive!
Now how can that be good for rails where conductivity is key for good performance?
How can a layer of non conductive protective coating be good for performance ?

Looking forward to some of your thoughts and expriances before I purchase !

Thanx and cheers!

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Inox is a mystery
......... it is basically lanolin from sheeps' wool. How and why it works is a shrouded in smoke, reflected in mirrors and illuminated with limelight lanterns - but it works magically

Sorry - welcome to the Forum. Someone will be along shortly with a better explanation.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Here you go

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I know it seems counter intuitive that a non conductive spray can possibly do all we say it does. But you'll just have to trust is on that one. It works. Snake oil? Maybe. Magic? Quite possibly. Useful? Most definitely.

I just wish i'd bought shares in the company before Mr Flippant tried it and went on his crusade. I'd be able to buy the full NSR range with the dividends.

BTW: It's not just us, the train guys have discovered it for the miracle cure that it is too.

Embs

·
Greg Gaub
15,372 Posts
The crusade is over. Once people saw the light, it all snowballed from there.

As for why it works, I read something online that explained why dielectric grease works, and I think INOX MX3 is doing the same thing. Essentially, by filling in the microscopic gaps of a metal-on-metal connection, the ACTUAL touching metal bits are able to do their job better than if air is in there. Probably reduces arcing and carbon buildup. It also does a great job of cleaning off carbon build up and oxidization as well.

I like the magic explanation better, though.

·
Rich Dumas
3,669 Posts
I went to my local Harley-Davidson dealer looking for Inox, they said that they stocked their own brand of chain lubricant. I ordered the Inox that I have via Amazon.com. I believe that there is a slot website in the US that has Inox.

·
Greg Gaub
15,372 Posts
You didn't ask about the US. People assume if not noted, people are in the UK, since this forum has a strong UK contingent.
If you want it in the states, your best bet is 132slotcar.us. There are many places selling it in the US, but not many online. I got my first bottle on Amazon.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
I was at a big hardware chain here yesterday and seen about 500 cans on a pallet near the check out on special. Then I thought of all the people who cant source it. Lots of sheep here in Oz I guess.

Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts