SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Lowes for gardening supplies and found a display of diecast Kinsmart cars.

Most of these are generally 1/28 or 1/36 scales. These GT40s are marked as 1/32, which are indeed very close to that scale.

All three of the 1966 top finishing “dead heat” cars are available at $5.99 each.

These would be great for track decoration or perhaps even conversion to diecast slot racing.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
ParrotGod
10,582 Posts
Nice finding. The GT40 is one of the most available slot car, still nice to see some options to use as decoration.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There is a lot more mixed in there than the Ford. I picked up a convincing lamborghini miura a while back. I also found a couple of 1950s Cadillac convertibles. For $6 they are a bargain.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

These gems are pretty accurate.

The only minor complaint I have is the angle of the casting for the engine cover to allow for the height of the pull back spring motor mechanism. Also there are no side windows, but that should be easily fixed.

I suppose one could modify the cockpit tub/engine carrier to allow it to be more horizontal as on the 1:1 cars.

I’m gonna be on the lookout for more Kinsmart Mk 2s to strip paint/repaint, delivery to recreate all of the 1966 Ford entries.

Reportedly most of the paint colors for the entries were OEM Mustang colors. I found this 1/43 diecast LeMans site for reference, as well as a post from gt4Os.com.

Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Concrete
Bumper Wood Asphalt Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts