SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,952 Posts
We started off with Mags in the cars, to aid lane changing at speed, but soon everone agreed that the after the feel of them running and cornering without mags, it just felt wrong with the mag in place, also once the mag lets go thats it the car is history no chance of saving it at all.

So out came the mags and all classes now run mag free but with Silicone tyres on the rears

We also now have changers that have been routed in to the wood track and I know Lee is working towards replacing all of the plastic parts with wood as soon as he can

Michael

· Registered
1,952 Posts
That is why we use silicone tyres

The standard tyres are of no use what so ever

You can try treating them etc as some will say but this will create an uneven playing field between those that know and have the time vs those that don't

Silicone tyres put you all on a level playing field

Personally I only ever put weight up the front and try to keep it as little as possible

Re grip I prefer to drive to the conditions, last night we ran our SCX NASCARS that have Wasp tyres on, now these have less grip than our silicones but slide miles before the car will deslot, so all you had to do was be slower into the corner then accelerate out of the corner, you could moan they were not as fast or as grippy as our other NASCAR Class, but then there would be no point in having two classes he same?

Where are you located in the world also ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.