SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

got a quick question for you all. just bought a scalextric track from a well known auction site, but it has intermittent power loss on 1 or the other lanes. i have changed the power base as i have 2 other scalextric sets and its still doing it. it will work fine for a bit then just cut out, it also seems that if you apply power with the lane thats not working it will cut power to the lane that is working.

i have found 1 bit of duff track but it hasnt solved the problem, any ideas what may cause this?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I would think that after a thorough cleaning of both rails and slots, you will have to do detective work to check for continuity issues from one piece to another.
Start with a working PB track and then connect the newly purchased tracks, adding one at a time, and testing each with a car to find the bad boys.

Here is a link to the Slap My Slotcar series dealing with track maintenance.

Cheers!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will give it a good clean but it doesnt explain why there is interferance between the lanes. i will go through the lot and have a look at the lugs, thanks for the link

·
Greg Gaub
14,665 Posts
If you have only one power supply, then both lanes share power, so what happens on one will affect the other.
If you have two power supplies, then I wonder if there's a short between the lanes somewhere. Of course, make sure there are EVEN numbers of crossover tracks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have tried with 1 and 2 power suplies. 1st thing i though of was the power base, as i have 3 i tried them all and i still get the problem. i will have to go over all the track as a short between lanes seems like a good source of the issue.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
It is easy to get a single strand of braid causing a short sitting at the bottom of the slot. Try vacuuming the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts