SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
G'day Mike,

I have this problem with one of my XLC's also, and it is also the newest one I have. It won't change from left to right but no problems right to left. I have checked the mechanisms are working under the flippers, gave it a good clean/vacuum and everything seems in order, nothing stopping the flipper from moving freely. Thought it might have had something to do with the braids but definately not as I have tried running a few different cars over the XLC with tidy braids and have had the same result. The best way I seem to get the flipper moving correctly is to move the flipper so the car will change lanes from left to right and run the car for a few laps whilst changing lanes, after a few laps the car will change lanes like it should but still not sure why it does this every single time I fire the track up. Had the problem with another XLC when I first started playing around with the digital setup which I found that one of the pins on the lane change mechanisms underneath had come out of its slot, easy fix and haven't had a problem with it ever since. Anyway mate its got me stuffed as to why its not working correctly, hopefully someone else on the forum has an idea on how to fix this.

Cheers

Matt

· Registered
481 Posts
Bit of grease hey, if only scaley thought about that
. I'll pull mine apart and fix the new XLC tomorrow, might as well do the other 4 while Im at it. Have you got the hang of the APB yet and the SSDC software, or are you just running laps for 3 hrs at a time. HAHA

Matt

· Registered
481 Posts
Hey Mike,

Pulled the back off the XLC again and put a drop of oil onto the 'plungers' as I call them and has come up the treat, everythings working as it should. racerunner-welcome to the forum,good to see another Aussie on the forum. My XLC had no grease on it whatsoever so now I can understand why the XLC was not functioning correctly and seemed to be binding, all good now though with a spot of the good oil.

Matt

· Registered
481 Posts
Hey sealevel,
I probably could have used the magical inox as I've got plenty of it but actually used a product called Super Lube (Multi-Purpose Synthetic Oil with PTFE) which I purchased to use with my Professor Motor controller for my analogue setup. Probably used the controller for 30 mins total before I upgraded to the APB, great upgrade from the scaley analogue controllers but no good with the digital setup (one day maybe). I use this oil on all my cars on the front/rear bearings and on the motor,plenty of great uses for it , and you only use a very small amount. Now I know that it works well with the lane change 'plungers' I now have another use for it. Not sure what type of grease Mike (MASH13) has used though but I'd say any oil/grease is better then none at all as my XLC's had.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.