SlotForum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Moped,
Time for sending this file to the United Nations. They are very experienced in interpreting all the rules.
Send in registered mail with $125.00 (in cash only, please) to:

Bobo Al'Mohamed-McCormick (Under-Over Secretary of Interpretative Gestures)
United Nations Building, Floor 27, Room 2365, Cubicle 6237, Chair 148730-C
New York, NY USA

Be patient, these things take time.
Regards,

Dr. Pea
Over-Under Myself

· Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Well here's a problem for any global quasi official set of rules - the damn manufacturers (who would be one of them?) keep moving the goalposts. Take the 4x4 SCX class we run. Suddenly there's a new spec RX-81 motor, revs higher and squashes the old 'un. Now you can still buy a 206 off the shelf with the old motor, or you can buy the new one with, er, the new one.

So overnight, well not quite, race winners are also rans and someone is going to call for new rules.

Scaley Lola, nice runner let's base some rules around it. Oh, oh! New Lister, uses another style of magnet - is that going to be legal?

· Jim Moyes
6,522 Posts
QUOTE (Ecurie Ecosse @ 6 May 2004, 18:11)He who has the most toys, wins! Simple.
Did I win something?

· Jim Moyes
6,522 Posts
Shouldn't you be behind the steering wheel by now rather than behind the keyboard?

Mr.M

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Hang on - I've had a thought! (I don't get too many of those so bear with me!) We can kill two birds with one stone, as it were, although not the beautiful woman kind of bird!

I wholeheartedly agree with gorgeous Pit-Babe, or even Brolly Dolly (another sub-committee!) corner marshals.
Having these beautiful ladies stationed around our tracks would also promote the "slower cars in our clubs" idea - you would want to cruise past the ladies to cop a good eyeful as it were. Better still, your race times would suffer even more if you decided to de-slot at every corner just so that genteel, female hands could caress your car back onto the track!

Another benefit would be the toning down of language and abuse directed at said corner marshals
Actually, it all tends to be friendly banter in our club, honest!!

Right, I'm off to take a cold shower!!

Mark.

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Hey J-C,

What about a Slotforum Society or "SS" who go around to people houses to make sure the home racers are complying... If not, haul them off to a correction camp where they can learn their mistakes... Good plan...

Moped, stop trying to tell everyone what to do. If people want to race Mini's they will, with or without magnets, with or without slot.it stuff... They are not going to listen to you just because you tell them your way is better.

I also don't think you quite understand what goes on at clubs. If a new member turns up with a Scaley Lola on his first nite, and we are running rally cars. We let him run it. Even if he beats all of us, or if he doesn't, he can run whatever cars he wants. To start earning points he needs to buy one car, a Rally car, as these are the slowest cars we race. He can then use it in every 'faster' catagory; Touring Cars, Sports Cars and Super Sports cars. The only exception being Formula One as these must at least be open wheelers.

Similarly, if a junior has a car which is 1mm over the allowed width, I let him slide because I know he has neither done it on purpose, or will gain any advantage from it. I tell him quietly after the race so that he can sort it out for next time. If I see it again, I'll pull him for it, but there is not need to be too strict over such a minor offence. This is what discourages people.

You try writing all that into the rule book. I always find that a guideline to preparing cars and a rough outline of 'how to race' is all that's needed. Leave the rest up to a competant tech team.

Lotus

· Registered
721 Posts
Excellent points just above.
You do need a well-respected and trusted 'enforcer' who has the power to not only enforce but also to rule when and how far to bend rules with respect to beginners and even perhaps make fair judgement on 'honest mistakes' where no real advantage was either sought or gained.
Not an easy position to fulfill!

· Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Hmm - a "Correction Camp".... would that mean we could kip in tents with the Pit Babe Marshallettes ?

Meco's point about the N-forcer is valid - Firm but fair and above all consistent.

Lotus - agreed - surely we want to welcome new members to our clubs - not prevent them joining in. Little words of advice and/or warning and mutually accepted limitations to what can and can't be done to cars from the people who actually race them is far better than outside influences trying to change things just because it doesn't suit there style of racing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.