SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sounding out interest in a 1/43 Le Mans car proxy for 2019. I have in mind that it would be open to any car that has ever competed at Le Mans.

I am redoing my Little 'Snett' track in routed wood and intend to have it ready in time to take it to Gaydon in May, and maybe even run the proxy there..

If there is enough interest, it could possibly lead to it being a series on different tracks in other countries.

Who wants in?

Regards, Lloyd.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
2,872 Posts
I am definitely interested, I'm sure I've seen a few plastic kits that could be used... maybe a round could be held here on the Isle of Man.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i m in.
if you like, i could host a race the Desmo, too.

sad thing - no Minis in LeMans ;-)
will have to go GT40 instead ...

·
Bob Chapman
6,935 Posts
I will try some 43 cars on Canfield green just to see if it is feasible for me to offer a Canadian track. 3 lane 91 feet, copper tape at the moment, variable power supply and lap timer system.
Just not sure if the wee beggars will run on it.
Bob

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
When Lloyd had his little Monty proxy we tried the cars on my track and all turned in very respectful times , this is a routed track copper tape and with lap timing . With what Lloyd has in mind there should be no problems at all . Looking forward to it
Steve

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Bob, from our proxy experience so far, which are always non mag, as long as the car has decent rear tyres, usually urethane, and the power supply has variable voltage, most 1/43 cars will run fine..

Cars with swivel guides rather than pin guides are usually easier to drive as they are less likely to spin out. The other detail relating to guides is slot depth. If the tracks used are a mixture of plastic and routed wood, the cars will have to have guides to suit the shallower plastic track slots.

Really, apart from the motors possibly needing different voltages, there is no difference in running a 1/43 proxy to running one in 1/32

Regards, Lloyd.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
The only question mark arises with the use of Ninco track. The rails sit approximately 0.3mm above the track surface so cars with a low clearance below the axle gear (crown or sour) can suffer with intermittent touching. Not been a big issue with the 1:43 cars I have tried, but might be significant to low runners. Some of the low 1:32 cars like Scalextric Ford GT40 can be heard rubbing the axle gear on the rails.

Leo

·
Bob Chapman
6,935 Posts
Well in that case Lloyd i would be happy to participate and host a round in Canada on Canfield Green .
You can see pics of the track if you check under clubs and go to Quinte Slot racers.
Cheers
Bob

1 - 20 of 35 Posts