Thats why I got slot-tech to build me one and mighty fine it is too

Parma plus with adj. brakes and ohm rating, and a small booster an all

Rob.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on a non regulated supply you can.. some clubs run em, some dont

all about AC Ripple NOT raspberry ripple ice cream!

Rob

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
I'll make a detailed post about this, in a separate thread, maybe later today. Inte's quest for the holy grail of power boosting is worth a few words...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Nice Fergy this means there are two of us keeping an eye on Dr. Frankenstein here
Int ....Why
It only causes dramas

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE Dr. Frankenstein here Int ....Why It only causes dramas

ahh look at that, whining before i have even built it!

put it this way, mags are no fun more power is!

Rob.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Don`t run with mags in our racing but the controller issue effects lots of clubs. Jim does a good build job but I`m always having to sort out dramas with people not wanting them to be allowed. To be hopnest I can understand that position as it`s an unfair advantage. Over to Fergy, he`s the Boffin

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
You'll know you've gone too far, Inte, if the lights in the club room dim every time you run the car....

Jonny, I hope to make it much clearer later.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Int rather than messing with controllers keep trying to change that lead into gold, that way we can burn you at the stake (we are a little behind the times here in Brummy land!).

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
our lights dont dim, they just trip out!

Jonny, we bought 2 sets of controllers last year, so we dont have arguments

Rob.

G

·
It is easy to boost the power using a hand controller, all you have to do is build a high powered capacitor in to the hand controller this evens out the highs and lows in the power supply voltage giving you in effect a higher voltage.
I helped Phil Barry convert the power supply at Abergavenny in this way to give the track a higher voltage. Makes the cars go much better but it is completely against the spirit of racing to do this in a hand controller.

RR

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will do no such thing!

I can plug it in or un plug it all I like. whatever series' I race in it's legal as the guy who runs them has said so

against the spirit? dont be silly! If people insist on not regulating why not do it myself and reap the rewards?

I'm not cheating at all, simply making the best of what i have

Rob.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It`ll end in tears my friend . We run regulated but some don`t so you may run into probs at other clubs that`s all. Never used the c word, not good that. I`m gonna wait til Fergy posts his wisdom now.

G

·
If you turn up for a rail race with it, you would be banned, for being against the spirit of the rules. Rob this is nothing personal. We have no rules only that the cars and everything else are built in the spirit of the event.

RR :

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would simply unplug it then simple as, not takin it personally so dont worry.

all it is is a box on the top with a plug that can be unplugged in seconds

Rob.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts