SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on Chaps...This has traditionally been a very lively section of the Forum, but recently it seems that everyone has stopped building new projects?

We want pictures and stories now.......

I've finished my Alfa 312 now and half way through a Jaguar SS, unless we get some new input, I'll be forced to publish some pictures of these...........

Fergy, this does include you, as since you've finished your Matra, you have time on your hands to start a new car...

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Er.. A Howmet TX, a Lotus 23, a Cunningham C4R and a Connaught Streamliner.
But Mrs H wants the front of the house re-painted.....
And I have a day job that seems to intrude rather too much into the evenings.
More pictures of work in progress after another visit to Snappy Snaps, if anyone's interested.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I am making slow progress on a 1968 Cooper-BRM T86B, even slower progess on a 1967 Ferrari 312F1 and a Lotus 43 for a complete Jim Clark figure to sit in. I keep meaning to start a chassis for a Jeff Davies Slot Classic Ferrari. A few of us from the SSRC are planning on going to MacP's 1950s F1 race in January and that will mean I'll have to build four cars for that.

Work has been manic for the last two weeks so slot cars are a bit in the background although I did go to the very friendly and pleasant Worthing Swapmeet last weekend.

A superb and very accurate resin Lotus Europa/47 shell has just come into my possession and that will be such a nice car to build.

David

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE Fergy, this does include you, as since you've finished your Matra, you have time on your hands to start a new car...

Does it count if I'm designing a new house with a new builder who might be able to get us into the house with only a 6-8 week gap after becoming homeless?
My priorities are a little screwed up right now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m waiting for the arrival of some of Pendle’s new adjustable chassis so that I can start my winter projects although don’t know how far I’ll get – was hoping for a different outcome to JEXY1’s Help for a Virgin! tread about pre war type wheels.

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
I've just about finished a lightweight piano wire frame with magnetic downforce to go under a True Scale Products Courage Evo3, but no pictures yet. The body came out a bit bad due to the wrong paint colors, so it might need to be re-done.

Then I have the beginnings of what I think will be a nice long-term project: I "rescued" 5 replica vacforms from a large box in the roof of Victor Ferguson's garage (he of True Scale Products), and will be starting on them soon. The bodies? Lola T70 Mk 1 and Mk2, Ferrari P4 and 350 CanAm, and a Chaparral 2E. I might just go back and see if I can liberate some more Chappy's still - there were some 2C, 2D and 2F bodies there as well. A full set of 1/32 Chaparrals would be a nice sight. Pictures to come as I start the projects.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Sorry to hear you're still indisposed, Grah- Get well soonest. Still- it's an opportunity for coming up with some devilish new schemes. Most of my building goes on in my head anyway.
And a fleet of Chappies certainly is one of my favourite fantasies, Gascar.
And where did you get the Europa, David? Sounds cool- another dream of mine.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
QUOTE I'm waiting for the arrival of some of Pendle's new adjustable chassis so that I can start my winter projects although don't know how far I'll get - was hoping for a different outcome to JEXY1's Help for a Virgin! tread about pre war type wheels.
Good news. I Collected the first batch of PCS 32 chassis from the moulders today. Theres no excuse now ...get scratching
Sean

·
John Roche
4,237 Posts
Now that the weather doesn't encourage gallivanting off on the bike on days off so much I should be able to do a bit more building.

I've started a '67 Parkes Ferrari F1 which will hope fully join the 60's proxy race at some point.

I'm part of the way through a 1:25th scale dodge Charger for the Tottenham Retro hard body class and a 1:32 Lotus 49B for the 1:32 retro series. Both have been started early and are not planned to race until next year.

I don't know whether to build something new for the Early Bird race, it depends on time. I might race one of my earlier scratchbuilds that raced in the Marconi Proxy Races.

I know that I really ought to only have one project on the go at a time but......

John

·
Registered
290 Posts
little progress here, because i'm working on to many projects. not spectacular but the alfa romeo TZ from protoslotkit will be finished this weekend. The alfa romeo 33 TT has a primer coat and waits for an old type scalex guide and cockpit still to build. the airfix conversion of the alfa romeo waits for futher choices for tires. The Targa Florio layout is gonna chance for another design. And still waiting for the pendle fiat 5oo body for the small car proxy.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Good lord - the Europa IS the car of choice for the Wonderdog! I've lusted after them since I was a wee little boy of erm - quite young really.. (ok - dissembling 'cause I don't remember when they came out)

I'll be having a crack at this stuff shortly guys - got some 32nd kits (all Airfix oddly) and have the inclination to make them roll. You just have to promise not to laugh at me if a'm crap at it!

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Hope you are on the mend Graham or is this just a rest before the Xmas cheer starts?
Any idea when you may geta chance to return the Proxy cars?

I have been bust Kit bashing some cars for our Group A series so now that they are finished I have resumed work on my F1 proxy cars. Should have the cooper running next week. Dave Bantoft tested his Lotus 33 last Tuesday and I will get some pics of it this week.

Here is a pic of Tuesday nights Group A cars. The Volvo's are resin bodies. The rest are either Kits or Slots bodies but not one has its original chassis!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts