SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a good race management system for the Macintosh? Preferably for the OS-X environment, but OS 9 would also work.

I could acquire a Windows system and use it on the Mac with a Windows emulator, but that negates some of the benefits of the Mac: relatively bullet-proof to crashes, great interface, ease of application installations.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (astro @ 28 Oct 2004, 10:44)I am an OS-X mac user too, but at the moment all the software for slot racing is done on an old PC or the slow virtual PC on the mac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ick!
Are you running Virtual PC on the Mac?

I know it is slow on my older G3, but I haven't upgraded to Virtual PC for my G4 running OS-X.

You'd think Scalextric would have made their RMS Mac-compatible. I believe it's in Unix... and that the necessary coding would be minimal.

Drat! I really don't like working with the Windows environment and avoid it whenever I can. Maybe we'll get a post from someone who has found an RMS for the Mac.

Meanwhile... nice to know there's at least one Mac-ophile out there.

cheers Astro,

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (sacesta @ 31 Oct 2004, 07:24)I'd be interested to know too. I'm also a Mac user.

Regards,
Steve (at the Trace)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I emailed domejuddV10 and he is not using a Macintosh race management system and has searched but never found one.

I think the thing for all of us to do is to email Scalextric over and over and ask them to make their Race Management System Mac OS X compatible. That would be the simplest solution. So. Mac Users Uniite! Email Scalextric!

cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (CoolScientist @ 31 Oct 2004, 17:42)The home of Domejudd and his TT raceway

Sorry - by shear "blink mindedness" I forgot to add the link... just spotted it.. .Sorry

CoolS
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks CoolS!

What a great site and what a great track! I've bookmarked it. No resolution to the RMS for Mac issue... but I did gain a great new resource in this site.

Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gents

From what Ive read, RMS as it stands now, will recieve no further updates. Digital and Sport World will replace RMS.

I'm not sure whether there will be any effort put into it to convert it over to Mac. However - It may be worth pressurising now to have Sport World MAC compatible.

Apols
CoolS

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums but there's a thread at SCI with a screenshot of a program being developed for the Mac by a poster named "Killersushi".

I'd recommend making an encouraging post in the thread to let Killersushi know you are interested in his program.

Thanks Domejuddv10 for the plug on the lap length calculator!

Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Thanks guys. I am going to post a reply on the Slot Car Illustrated message board to let Killersush know that I am interested in his program. He says he's got a beta that is simple but works and if there is enough interest he'll develop it further. See pault86's reply for the link.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.