SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,426 Posts
@ Difflock:

I only have a Carrera Evolution Ferrari Enzo (was my second Slotcar)... and I must say... i just don't like the way it drives... and that's the reason why I haven't bought any Carrera's since...

I dunno... we drive with magnets (everybody has his preferences) and the car just doesn't brake... it goes hard... with Pro Slot (Ferrari 355 Challenge) tyres on the back wheels... but it drives like the Revell Shelby Cobra (to heavy... no braking what so ever)...

If you guys know anything to do with this... I'll start buying many Carrera's because their choise of models is very good!!!

Any tips on this?

Greetz

Gunther

· Registered
1,426 Posts
@ Thomas:

I know Carrera's are not slow... the Enzo is a good mid-range on my track...but I don't like the way it goes around the track... I'd rather see a bit more braking on the cars... like any other slot car... instead of letting the car flow through the corners...

The Enzo is very nice to see and stuff... but I rarely put it on the track...

Greetz

Gunther

· Registered
1,426 Posts
@ Crazy Chris:

I unscrewed the rear magnet immediately when i got i out of the box.
The other magnet sits in max position.

I think it handles nice, but it just doesn't brake! It drifts nice, it goes fast down the straights, but I have to hold off the throthle very early in comparision to other cars.
It's just not as fun as an other slotcar. It's like the motor can't slow down the rear wheels enough. I have a hairpin at the end of my straight and i have to stop giving gas at the half of my the straight.

Some of my friends have also Carrera's (Le Mans BMW and Audi R8) and the have the same "problem"... even my retailer says Carrera brake less than any other slotcar!

Would the switch do anything about it?

Gunther

· Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (thomas @ 16 Jun 2004, 11:16)About braking with Carrera-cars - measure the weight of the cars - most Carreras are around 110g! - add correspondend weight to Fly, Scalex and Ninco-cars - and you've the same brake-behaviour.
And why don't they make their slot cars lighter?
The other brands can!!!

I'll try to make the Enzo quicker (read: break better) by making it lighter and removing the switch.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Gunther

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.