SlotForum banner

Is there anybody famous on this forum?

16K views 158 replies 93 participants last post by  Aberstone 
I was on TV when I was about 13. We had sailed from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and right into a French industrial dispute. What was supposed to be a late evening crossing of the channel turned into a three day (nonpleasure) cruise as we tried one French port after another without any luck of docking and disembarking. All were blockaded by fishermen, and some passengers onboard tipped our garbage into their boats...
Finally, after abandoning any hope of landing in France, and 3 days stuck onboard, we returned to Portsmouth whereupon we were besieged by the press and TV.

To save the holiday we drove from Portsmouth to Dover, crossed the Channel to Zeebrugge and then drove back to our villa near Cherbourg. All in all we lost about 5 days out of a 2 week holiday.

Other than that I was a non paid extra in a Harrison Ford movie, I forget the name, but it is set in Washington DC (not to be mistaken with Washington, CD. County Durham). I have such a bit part, I find it hard identifying myself.

Do I have a claim to fame?

Of course I am also the real Mr Bond, and no relation to that fictional chappy James. However, I am definitely not Sparticus.

ATB
Al.

PS, My Great Uncle was Frank Barson... The Vinnie Jones of his day, and played for Aston Villa, Manchester United and once for England.
Frank Barson

Hehe Andi...

Maybe all those really famous people are choosing not to reply and protecting their anonymity
. Like Graham hinted at in the first post. It would have been interesting if someone really famous came forward. However, the numerous replies and popularity of this thread just goes to show what a good sense of humour the slot car community has.

Al.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.