SlotForum banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts
Ok, my go...

I used to be a games programmer, back in the 80's, and I wrote the Track Editor for Championship Sprint (ZX Spectrum) and a game called "Maze Mania".

I also wrote the Chester FC iPhone app.

I'll get me coat

Famous... no. But some of you might have seen me in a documentary film about this big hydroelectric power plant built in Brazil, called Itaipu. It's been showing on and off on the National Geographic channel since it was first made, back in 1998 or '99. I'm the bearded guy using a black t-shirt and talking about the "animal saving" operation - I speak in English. I appear some 2 or 3 times during the one hour show.

So even not being famous, some of you might "know" me…

Cheers!

Fernao

No not famous but I did do a couple of programs that went out on Sky TV about 1999 I think?

Building up an Tamiya RC rally car and then getting the presenter to race it (he was useless!)
Getting Tamiya paint to work at -3 C in a garage was a nightmare!

Next

-I've appeared in some Finnish TV ads. In the TV advertisement for the new season of "24" I played the part of a lunatic who thinks he can see the future in the "24" storylines.
-In local slot car circles some people may remember me as a very clumsy driver whose cars regularly disintegrate on track.
-Compilations of my comics sometimes make the top 10 or even top 3 of our bestselling Finnish book lists.

My claim to fame was an appearance on the national 6 o'clock news on Boxing Day about 20 years ago.

There used to be a traditional boxing day fox hunt in Maldon, Essex and there was always a large group of protestors lining the high street as the hunt set off. I was one of the protestors and by chance our bit of the crowd with me at the front featured in the TV news piece.

As an aside, the police also filmed us all, so somewhere in the records is presumably film of me - a dangerous subversive element and a risk to the nation - and one day when I least expect it there will be a knock on my door at 3am and I'll be dragged off to the Tower of London.

David

QUOTE (BigDog @ 16 Feb 2012, 20:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Famous... no. But some of you might have seen me in a documentary film about this big hydroelectric power plant built in Brazil, called Itaipu. It's been showing on and off on the National Geographic channel since it was first made, back in 1998 or '99. I'm the bearded guy using a black t-shirt and talking about the "animal saving" operation - I speak in English. I appear some 2 or 3 times during the one hour show.

So even not being famous, some of you might "know" me&#8230;

Cheers!

Fernao

Yep Fernao! I've seen you there. Man you were speaking like a scientist to the cameras!
I will some day accept your invitation and go to Foz do Iguaçú to know your track!! By the way, you need to come to Sao Paulo to take part in the Shelby Revival slot meeting next december

Cheers my friend!

Ricardo Bifulcpo

Oops! I forgot to say about me. Well, I'm not famous but once I've played guitar with Ben's Brother in a session at my friend's studio here in Brazil a few years ago

The SportTV and also ESPN Brasil made some interviews with me and my mother, regarding my collection and some of her motorsport art in 2006 and 2010. Man, I felt like a star

I still have the DVD here somewhere.

Cheers!

Ricardo Bifulco

Graham

I wouldn't say I was that famous but I was moderately "well known" in the UK rallying scene from 1988 until 2005 ish.

However, I did mix with really famous people.

See a selection from my "war pictures" below and decide for yourself.

Nicky Grist and I. Nick is a patron of my motor club (Quinton MC) and he's a smashing, approachable, down to earth guy who's always got time to talk you you. A real Gent.

Mike Broad and I. Mike was co-driver for Russell Brookes and team manager for Vauxhall. He's been my friend and co-driving mentor since I started in the sport. He possesses a depth of knowledge that is scary at times!

I don't know Russell Brookes that well but he's a legend. Say no more!

Dave Seeley and I. Dave was one of the most naturally gifted drivers that I ever sat with. Hugely underrated.

Winning the BTRDA 1600cc class championship at the Cambrian Rally with Brett Conway.

I had the good fortune to work with Louise Aitken Walker as part of the works Peugeot team on the Kayel Graphics Rally. Louise went on to win the womens WRC crown with Vauxhall.

Me and rally legend a 6 times British Open Champion Jimmy McRae.

Meeting Roger Clark and chatting with him was like being in the presence of a legend! Outspoken and a "proper" driver.

With British Open Champion Dai Llewellyn. A nice bloke to have a pint with . . . . trust me he's an absolute scream!

Flying on the ground with multiple national and clubman champion Dave Ellis.

Flying again on the ground with Les Weaver in the MIGHTY COSSIE!!!

how on earth do you follow that??!!!.. i have appeared in the press though. myself and some guys from work were in the daily sport with a young...ummm...lady , with her...ummm.... headlights on full beam , if you know what i mean
. that was a bad day in the office!

141 - 159 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.