SlotForum banner

Is there anybody famous on this forum?

16K views 158 replies 93 participants last post by  Aberstone 
#1 ·
I just wondered if there is anybody famous out there who is willing to admit that they are on this forum. A racing driver, a rally driver, a celebrity of some sort, even a politician.

Come on, time to come out!

#9 ·
Well some years ago in an episode of Heartbeat, an Aston Martin DB5 was stolen. Part of the plot of course. The suspect was named Graham Poulton, which is er...my name. The car in question was a red DB5 Vantage which in fact is the only red DB5 Vantage i've ever driven. Spooky or what!

G.

#12 ·
Famous no, Infamous yes

i was walking down the Prom in Brighton one year when 2 ladies stopped and ask me
"it is you isn't it" to which i reply yes it is

"i told you so Joan to told you so" and on they went

i would loved to have known who they thought i was
no doubt Quausiemodo i here you say

Robbo

#16 ·
I thought there was a famous guy named.... Graham Lane.... on this forum.... saw pictures of him in his teens designing/building slot tracks.
Other than that.... nada.

Cheers!

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Made it on to the TV, I was in a 1992 production called "Love Hurts" alongside Adam Faith, Zoë Wanamaker, Tony Selby, Richard Cordery and Jane Lapotaire. Needless to say it was only a very short appearance in a long forgotten episode.

Not to mention the two appearances in different James May Toy Story programs. to be seen almost any night on Dave

I have you know I'm very big in 1:32 circles!!! Or so I tell anyone who visits my Shed!

#19 ·

Seems like I'm the most famous person here then.

I was a finalist in HTV's 'You're the Boss' and been on property shows on TV a couple of times...the swimming pool episode of 'House Trapped in the Sun', which is repeated over and over again until the DVD wears out and on 'Dream Home Abroad', selling a house to an English couple who then went on to restore it with my help. I've also been in numerous pantomimes and plays. Beat that!

I was hoping Sir Stirling Moss or Jensen Button were secretly here as 132slotdriver and Gottalottaslot or something.

#20 ·
Now the true story. I am famous in some remote place in China which I do not remember the name. I was one of the very first European to show-up there after an adventourus trip (the least I can say) and got one full day footage in the local tv....

Cheers,
Still JamesB

Ps: sorry Graham but did you expect something different from mancave like us?

#21 ·
QUOTE (RichG @ 3 May 2011, 19:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am the Stig. I have a sticker from a Birthday Card that proves it.

Rich
NO! I, is Stig! I even have the stickers on my slot box to prove it, and 2 T-shirts saying it.

See, I, am the Stig.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think that I am the only one to ever blow a tire and flip my 1995 Camarro 1LE race car 23 times down the back strait of the Portland International Raceway. http://www.portlandraceway.com/

Great fun!!!!!!!! Took 6 months to learn how to walk again. I can remember asking my father just after the paramedics cut me from the car "Hows the car dad?" My father just looked at me and said "there is no car Joel" Then I passed back out. That was the last of my great racing career. But I have to admit that I am now thinking serious about going vintage road racing with my 1965 Corvette Roadster. Some people never learn.

Joel

#25 ·
Hey, I can beat all that,

I once met Graham Lane !!.

I appeared on "Radio Broken Hill" in an interview regarding UK Mining Engineers in Australia.

Plus, I sold sand to an Arab sheik, No, seriously, I did !!.

Went to Siberia for HMG, and came back "knackered", -- "From Russia Without Love" !!.

My Godmother won the Monte Carlo Rally, Ladies prize obviously !!.

Plus, I built "Trabbie", and "Bertie Beetle" !!.

Plus, I always seem to lend cars to others, who then beat me !!??. ( Ey up Robbie, Hi Mark, Hello Dick ).

Plus, I have a Duke of Edinborough's award for "modesty". That shows my age, eh ??.

I installed a Rover V8 in a Lotus Elite, and sold plans all over Europe.

I installed a Rover V8 in an MGB, and still run it in the summer.

I installed a Rover V8 in a vaccuum cleaner,__________ no I didn't, that's silly.

So it goes on !!.

VBR Chris A.

#26 ·
My (sort of) claim to fame (and its 100% true!).

About 6 months back, I was sitting at a bar in Spain on holiday, drinking a Coke if those in blue are reading this, or a cold beer to me & you, when a
man, followed by a woman (I presume it was his wife), came up to me. He said 'Im sorry to ask you this mate, but for the last half an hour or so, I've been saying to my wife that you look a bit like Dale Winton, and you might be his brother. But she dosnt believe me, so, are you his brother'?

Now, at this point I had one of these moments, were you think half way through speaking 'Why the heck am I saying this'?

I replied 'Yes', just to see what happened. Just to claify, I am NOT Dale Wintons's brother, or any relation to him!

THis bloke turned round to his missus and said 'I told you!', then he said, 'so do you get like a special allowance from Dale for being his brother?'

Now, at this point (AGAIN) I had one of these moments, were you think half way through speaking 'Why the heck am I saying this', but I wanted to see how far I could push it.

I replied 'Yes' again, just to see his reaction.

The bloke at this point is nearly having a fit he is so excited, and asks to buy me a drink, which he does (I think it was some soft drink) (in hindsight it should have been a pint of Baileys Irish Cream...:-(!)

So for the rest of the holiday, everytime I see him around the resort, he shouts 'Hello, mate, how's Dale'!

Cheers
Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.