SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I race weekly at my local club but also have a home track which I use on my own. I would like to know if there is anything available like the old Pacer unit that Scalextric made a few years ago so that I can race against something when I am on my own at home.

My track is a 2 lane Carrera with DS laptiming and I have zero friends!

Any info is welcome.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Well for a start you could start by coming to Colchester every week

Second you could always invite people round to race on your track.
Third you could race against the clock with a Carrera timing bridge - you can try mine out to see if you like it.
Fourth you could wire a Pacer to your Carrera track.

·
David Collins
2,365 Posts
Pete,

I think you should still be able to find Scalex Challengers about through eBay like this one, and they can be used with any plastic track, or wood come to that - the track bit is just a couple of magnets fitted under the track before the start lane. I'd also recommend a proper timing system - I use Brent Carlson's Sensor Harness which can be used with any track system and plugs straight into a computer (which can be pretty old, and therefore cheap). Being able to watch your lap times is pretty useful, and can be satisfying if you can improve!

David

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
hi scudbong, thats sad, if you run no mag on a plastic track just put a mag car on other lane and wrap elastic band round controller you,l have a good time trying to beat the mag car. john

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Try the local classified ads under "men seeking men", I'm sure that's what that section is for.....

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
SCX Chrono pack fits to classic scalextric. fantastic value and when you become good at it come and try your hand at our event.

Attachments

G

·
Carrera used to have a so-called RMS, Racing Management System. With that you can drive a car around and then the system learns the track so you can race it. There is a base unit, a software unit and two extension units to be able to drive against 5 cars on a six-laner
Also two thumb controllers are included.

They are no longer produced so try the German ebay (the .de) or ask for a unit on one of the German forums, www.dscf.de and www.freeslotter.de

Also you could buy a black box and go digital ................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts