SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
We don't use barriers but borders help the sideways action, especially if it's magless.

Once the date is in stone I will book our hall, any team without a track is of course welcome to use avilable team spaces.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just checking with the guys at the club but as the 14th is a standard monthy race meeting we should hopefully all be there.

Track is not an issue

I would vote 4 hours, then 3 and then 2

A reminder, we are based in windsor so have space for teams if they can not get a track.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I would rather swap a car with slipping gear than try to fix it, didn't work out to good for my last car

I do think we should have a spare car available and can always clear it with other racers before swapping.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The ASSC will be racing with a full size track that day as we will be at our larger location. We can test the software and link etc but will probably only get 1 lap to 4 of the proposed track.

Err, being lazy and not kept up, has a track been finalised?

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just a thought, would this be the 1st time this has ever been done? if so this is history in the making and also possibly a world record?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just looking at the list of cars and wondering why the Lotus Exige is not included?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Looking forward to trying your A50, I usually make A30, Yours should be nice and long lasting and probably just as grippy. Been trying to get mine up to A40 but its a little hit and miss and blooming messy.

Your help in this event is hugely appreciated as I know just how much work you will have to do.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I think the ASSC team(s) will just have to start early to get practice in as were all very (very) limited for space so won't have a track until the day, but as its all for fun we don't really mind

couple of questions:

The Bentley, is the guide issue as bad as people say?
Is there a "Legal" fix to the problem?

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I thought the basic idea was to have cars out of the box except removing magnets and using a standard performance tyre.

Weight is a voodoo magic that those of use that race with magenta will not know.

I vote no to weight

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Richard, is the 7th Feb too late, it's the only chance we will get to look at the different cars and see which one we want to race.

Oh and yes I do have plenty of cars, that's part of the issue but I would rather drive a car I like than the fastest car if it's just another one of this cars. I.e. Something that doesn't shout wow I look good.

I love the looks of the Bentley and both lotus so will be testing them first.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Richard, is the 7th Feb too late, it's the only chance we will get to look at the different cars and see which one we want to race.

Oh and yes I do have plenty of cars, that's part of the issue but I would rather drive a car I like than the fastest car if it's just another one of this cars. I.e. Something that doesn't shout wow I look good.

I love the looks of the Bentley and both lotus so will be testing them first.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I'm not sure a minimum weight is going to work as the Exige is only 74g with the magnet installed. Means I would need at least 16g of lead in the car.

I thought the choice of cars meant that we could pick the one that suited our driving style etc but if we then have to load the thing up with lumps of lead / blue tack then we may as all drive the same car!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I'm not sure a minimum weight is going to work as the Exige is only 74g with the magnet installed. Means I would need at least 16g of lead in the car.

I thought the choice of cars meant that we could pick the one that suited our driving style etc but if we then have to load the thing up with lumps of lead / blue tack then we may as all drive the same car!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I know it's here somewhere but can't find it.

What is the start time on the day?

I guess that is qualifying time, what time will the race start.

Did the vote change the 2 hour race time?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.