SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
QUOTE (thoefnagel @ 27 Jan 2015, 23:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And wouldn't it be necessary to do a test race first (with a simple layout like an oval) to see if there are thing we didn't think about?

I like this idea, it doesn't need all locations or team just 3 or 4 locations with a couple of those having more than one team. I would like to test the website with some live racing. How about 2 weeks before the event? Then again 1 week before if anything needs to be fixed or changed?

There are prizes up for grabs and I'd hate for some technical mishap to let my team win.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
We have temporary hosting for the initial website, but there is nothing to see yet. http://ssdisc.azurewebsites.net/ If it is a sucess then we can look for a more permanent place. And it isn't to be read as "ss disc". grrr I hate naming websites.

For the techie types:
Now to learn about how azure works. Sorry to all the Microsoft haters but .Net is all I know. The other options sound so much better but I can't find anyone to pay me to learn them.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
I figured that and was in two minds about whether to comment. Thanks for seeing the humor.

Now that I think about it, I can't even think of what it should be.

Oh I know. The surface under the track....

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
That could be placed on the website, and if it is not too much work RCS64 could pull it from there, or it could be a download with a how to instruction sheet for setting it up manually.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
Is there any chance the shirt could be a t-shirt rather than a polo for me? In my world polo shirts are business wear and don't have stuff all over the back. That is what t-shirts are for.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
Mr F: I believe that is the point. If the track never allows one to get to top speed there is no use having full power. Pulling the trigger all the way only uses more fuel as you have to come off full power before you get to top speed.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
Isn't throttle curve the closest we have to allowable "car setup" that we have. A bit like how much pressure in your tires, suspension etx in 1:1 racing. Things that can be changed to suit driver style.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
QUOTE (GRUNZ @ 17 Feb 2015, 13:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got my batch of tyres. Now the real testing begins. ;-)
Thanks Richard for the great service.
I didn't think the real testing could start until you have setup the track.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 17 Feb 2015, 18:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is great Per! I will reply your e-mail today.

I finished draft version of the document, looking for a way to make it available for download on the rcs64 website.
I can put it up on the race website if you like. I'm currently working on site membership, which will allow for event creation within which there will be a place for rules.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
I've looked at WhatsApp and I can't see a way to integrate it with the website. Twitter? Or am I going too old school? It would be good to have something that is cross platform for phones and PCS.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
QUOTE (thoefnagel @ 19 Feb 2015, 04:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can create such a site pretty quickly as I am a web application developer, but I will need a webserver to host it. Maybe I can ask my boss...
Giday,
we have RCS64 automatically ftping update files every 10 seconds from each location to my website, which then processes them and displays the data in position order. We haven't done much testing as yet, but it seems to be working well. I'd love some help with it as I always bite off more than I can chew. Here the the thread for the website.

One thing I was thinking was having the live streams on the site, having one stream at a time showing with it randomly flicking between streams giving more time for streams dependent on position in the race (with an option for picking a stream too). Did I mention I like to bit off more than I can chew?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.