SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi Guys,

I stumbled upon this thread today, because I haven't been on the forum lately (newborn baby).
Actually I even haven't had much time to try RCS64 v4 yet.
Great idea to do something like this.
I am busy reading the thread these days, and I will decide in a couple of days if it is possible to host a race at my venue (Urk, Netherlands) as well. First need to check room space and track pieces/cars. Maybe I can manage to arrange two teams.

One thing that I didn't read yet (maybe I missed it) but what about Fuel weight simulation? Disable it?

And wouldn't it be necessary to do a test race first (with a simple layout like an oval) to see if there are thing we didn't think about?

Cheers,

Teunis

·
Registered
462 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 22 Jan 2015, 14:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now decided;

Cars: Scalextric High detail with lights and interior.DPR-Non DPR allowed
Audi R8
Aston Martin
Bentley GT3
Lotus Evora
Corvette C6R
Maserati Trofeo
Ferrari F430
Jaguar XKR GT3
McLaren MP4-12C
Ford GT
Porsche GT

High detailed with lights and interior.
90-100 gram.
No magnet.
Urethane tyres medium compound Route1Racing.
1 set of rear tyres allowed, in case of failure of tyres (highly unlikely), replace by original tyres.
Gluing in the motor, axles bushings allowed
Putting ferrite man on leads,
Lubrication allowed
Uprated chips NOT allowed

PS Richard, did you see your e-mail ?
Edit : Ferrari F430...hmmm...not very reliable in my experience but feel free to use It

Three questions:
- Which Aston Martin is meant? I have a High detail DBR9 (limited edition GULF twin pack).
- Same question about Ford GT. I have a Ford GT-40 (see my avatar). Is that allowed?
- Ferrite man on leads. Is that obligatory? My cars are just stock versions. Only my GT-40 was non DPR.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great Denmark!

Will be awesome.
Minardi, I am trying to get my second team complete. But people are more like 'maybe' or 'if everything works out' I am coming too

So what about people showing up at the race night? Is it possible if they join in and race along (for example with Super Resistant cars) without joining the international competition? Or will this cause too much trouble?

The reason I ask is because it is more fun to have 3 or 4 cars on the track.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It looks like I have managed to have another team together.
Team name: Morning star 1
Car: Aston Martin dbr9 or Maserati trofeo

Tomorrow I hope my new Maserati will arrivé. Got it as a present from my dear wife.
Only downside is that the ICS track won't fit in my space. Too wide. So have to think of a way to test. March 14 I will build it in the living room.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I got my tires and race manual as well yesterday
Thanks MrModifier and Minardi!
First impression was very good. Fits well. Only have a small problem with my Trofeo. The stock front wheels are too thick or low and therefore make te guide sit too high.

Another idea:
I think you're current position in the race is an important part of the fun and pretty necessary for this event to succeed.
If for some reason the automatic laps upload does not work, we can maybe create a backup system, a website where we can enter lapdata manually. Automatic updates would be awesome but also a bit tricky.
I mean something where every team can log in before the race and that the guy that is not racing can enter the current number of laps and click a button. Time stamp can be added automatically to the record and based on the entered data the average laps/minute can be calculated per team and that information leads to the current position in the race.
This site could also be used to chat

I can create such a site pretty quickly as I am a web application developer, but I will need a webserver to host it. Maybe I can ask my boss...
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great! things are getting big

We already started to workout to become top fit.

Countdown timer is awesome!

By the way Minardi: In the new ISC64 manual the screenshot of the event setup shows 00:20 for the race instead of 02:00
Small thing, but just in case someone enters the wrong time...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Here we have 17, 33, 34, 43 and 47 years old

@distantkiwi:
You need to chat when the euro part of the world is awake, not asleep

Do you kiwis already train on being top fit in the early morning, as this will be the race time for you?
We are on the opposite side of the world

·
Registered
462 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 9 Mar 2015, 20:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are around 7.7, 7.8 like the Netherlands. At least that is what I heard....
Big test tomorrow night, see what times we can get.
Did I say No Magnets

Yesterday I start building the track in my place in the Netherlands and did some first testlaps. Some corners didn't have borders yet. And tested without any race management software.
My Maserati Trofeo and Aston Martin DBR9 managed 7.1-7.5 fairly easy. With some training and more borders, sub 7 laptimes should not be too hard. Will finish the track and measure the voltage tonight.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.