SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Hi All
If you have more than one team competing on the same site this can skew the overall results. If we are looking at temp and humidity as factors in the overall results, then drivers blocking each other and pit stops with a single pitlane surely will affect the overall results. Anyway, if you all want to go for it I am not against it.

As for tyres we should have all the same: Mr. Mod could you please PM me for costs to ship over in the Kiwilandia? I have only used scaley stock tyres so I will need some time with the one from Mr. Mod to see how cars behave. I would use my current layout for this testing (not the one we will agree on racing on).

Pacer cars can be marshalled as the other cars. I would say that each site with one single team should have at most 2 pacers per lane at constant speed and no lane change. However, if one site decides to have more than one team, then any additional team will replace one pacer (for instance: one team and two pacers; or two teams and one pacer; or three teams and no pacer).

man this is going to be epic...

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Since the tyres would becoming all the way from UK, I would also order for different cars: R8, vette, Mp12, evora. These are my favourite GT cars but I have not tested them without mags.

As for switching driver at pit stop, I was assuming that we had only the fuel simulation on. We said no track calls: so no damage/repair, right? Anyway, we could leave to each team to decide when to change driver. I am sure that each one would be eager to drive around.

Greg are you able to go up to16 feet? The layouts I suggested are around 5 meters in length. If it makes thing easier, let's use the layout for your portable track.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
I like both options on (tyres and fuel). It's a pity for the weather...could Martin build a version of RCS just for this event such that the weather pattern will the same over the 2 hours across the globe??

In the meantime I have come up with another layout for 1.5m x 4.2m (5 x14 feet). I am limiting myself in terms of corners here trying to use as many as R2 as possible.

The length is: 17.46m for lane 1 and 17.95m for lane 2. Should give us a nice lap time.

If I am not able to get the urethanes from Mr. Modifier, could I use nsr tyres instead? As I said before I have never used third-party tyres so any suggestions are welcome.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
I would say that if in a given location there are three or more teams, then no pace car. Two teams, then one pace car. One team, two pace cars (one per lane. In any case, pace cars should not change lane at all. They have to be there to create traffic: for instance if you do no plan carefully to over take one your car can be slowed down behind it until next XLC. Personally I would be keen to have one team per location as you cannot really share the heath of the competition between the local teams with the rest of the teams in other locations.

S&G maybe should be enforced in location with more than a team when a contact happen. We could use track calls with damage points but only in case of one team for a given location: the rationale is that if more teams are in the same location and one calls the track call, the other team(s) will lose precious time compared with the teams in other locations. Of course, if RCS64 would support a global track call (stopping all the cars in every location) then this issue would be solved. Otherwise, I do not see how and when to enforce the S&G except for the false start. But not need to change driver in a S&G.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Greg
of course you are right...there are not that many R2.
it is very good to hear that DRAWW members are in. If you guys could provide a list of pieces available for this then we can start making progress towards our final layout. The other information we need to pin is the layout area. I will host this in my garage where I have at most 570cm x 300cm.
In that area I was able to build my Portimao layout (you can see it in my signature)...maybe we could/should go for it? ;-)

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Just in case here is a version of Portimao to fill in a 572x245 cm area I was talking about.

Inside lane 2378cm, outside lane 2426cm.

just saying...

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
I would say let's try to aim for the weekend of the 7/8 March. If we do 8 am on Sunday 8 (Auckland time) it should work fine for all the other locations (check here).

Mr Modifier, if you can get some extra pieces to build a new layout then I would suggest we go for a layout that is new to all the participants.

Colin, I would suggest to use borders for the corners (inside and outside) but we might want to remove the barriers to avoid that the cars lean on them (like in Mike's track Raceline Raceway - one of DRAWW's tracks).

As for the pace cars, I stand by my suggestions: one team/two pace cars per lane. I would be even tempted to have the pace car in the inner lane to do the pit stop.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Got the message...no single lane curves. I will have a look at Amman Valley Raceway: I like what you did with the folding tables. Are you still using them to set the track up? What is their size? (these tables would used be for another project of mine).

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Hi Damien
Depending on the layout I should have enough outside borders. But I do not have inner ones. When the time comes I will let you know what we need and if you can supply the missing one would be great!

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Hi Marcel
All sounds good to me.
Some questions:
- why no pit sensors?
- do we enforce a minimum number of team members? let's say each team must have a minimum number of 2 members?
- Which is the Minimum Room Size and the track pieces that are available to all the members?
- Are we going to use realtime information through TeamViewer/Skype using the sharing desktop features or just updating a thread on the RCS-64 forum with screenshots?

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Yep, that's what I think. Maybe the best test is to have a meeting online using one of the tool to see how it works: we can also use the time to discuss a couple of details about the race (not just through the forum).

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Let's ask: do we all have pit sensing?

Layout size sounds good to me. Anybody got a smaller area?

We do not need to have a live video feed, just sharing the desktops would be fine so that we can see each other RCS dashboard. But if we have RCS doing it for us then I guess it is even better.

I would assume that this is a team race and as such no solo racing should be allowed, correct?

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
I have a very stupid question about the tyres: do we need also the front ones or only the back ones?

Looking through the website(route1racing), it seems that there are two compounds: medium and supersticky. Which one we go for?

Also, I am not sure that I saw rules about the guide and the braids. Should allow any? Or only stock scaley?

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Here are another couple of layouts based on the switchback I have posted earlier:

Switchback V2

Switchback V3

Both of them can fit on a 1.5m x 5m area: v3 needs just a bit more on the top left corner for the hammerhead. Both of them are over 19m in length so should give a nice lap. I have also marked the starting grid positions (up to 4 cars).

I am looking forward to other layout as well. However, let's try to come up with a nice flow limiting the number of R1s and corners with constant radii. Also let's avoid any squeeze/hairpin and corner crossovers.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
12??? man you need to build 2 tracks then!

I would say that for the layout above at least 4 XLC are needed. BUt again we have to agree on a minimum common list of track pieces.

This is mine:
8 XLC
36 full staights
7 half straights
2 quarter
2 short
12 single

8 R1 45
4 R1 22,5
20 R2 45
8 R2 22,5
18 R3
10 R4

I have only the left hand pit entry (2 pairs).

On which axle do you want me to rotate it?

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Marcel
Check out the times in your post because for US it is still Saturday 14th. It is only Auckland that is ahead on the Sunday.
I would stick to our previous schedule and start on Sunday 8 am (Auckland time) with practise. 7 am is going to be too early for me: I have to take care of two dogs before I can start setting up. Actually, it would be even better to start everything one hour later let's say 9 am Auckland, 1 pm (Sat) Seattle, 8 pm (Sat) London, 9 pm (Sat) Amsterdam. As anyone problem with this time?

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 20 Jan 2015, 19:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What would make It drive completely different, I guess X ?

I am serious about the 12 (possibly more) grid positions. For example, after qualifying you have the 12 th time, you start the 2 hr endurance on the 12 th track piece.

3 XLC's as minimum rule would be fine with me.

2 RH pitlane
4 XLC
6 R3
4 R4

Straights / R2 R1 etc no problem.

Ok so you want to have a virtual global grid on each track. But honestly on a 2 hours race, what difference would it make to start 2 m behind the first one? Especially when the car starting at the end of the grid will probably have empty track in front of it? Anyway, let's see how many cars we have on the event and we can make plan for a virtual global grid.

Just to correct myself, I also have 2 RH pitlane.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Let's try to agree on the models then we can start looking for the codes.
Here is a start. Please feel free to add your input

--------------------- Cars --------------------
DPR, Super Detailed with full interior and lights (optional always on)
GT cars: Audi R8, McLaren MP4-12c GT3, Lotus Evora, Bentley, Aston Martin, Corvette C6R, Maserati Trofeo (?)

Motor: standard sidewinder with standard gear.

Weigh: no less than 95g - does it make sense?

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
hey Marcel, All
what do you think about this version?

This layout requires 13 R3 and 7 R4. Let me know if you (Marcel) can outsource the required R3 and R4. Otherwise this version could be fitted with more R2.

Lane 1 (external) 19.70 m, Lane 2 19.20 m. Also, XLC placement is only what I think would be optimal. We could remove the one closer to the APB on the main straight to reduce them to 4. I put it there just to avoid cars getting out of the pit lane.

·
ParrotGod
11,104 Posts
Hi all

Cars: What do you mean with Ferrite on leads? Do you mean to have the ferrite man on the skis/braids? I thought that this is a standard configuration...

Cars 2: I would say that we should only allow cars with the same mechanical and electronic components. This means that they should have the same gearing/bushes, same motor and motor configuration, and type of chip. To level things up, I would suggest to go for only GT cars (SR and HD) produced after 2013 and stock DPR chips.

Time: Actually I was asking to start with Practice at 9 am Auckland time. If this is possible for everyone than it would be great.

Build The Layout: I would say that the layout needs to be agreed upon 48h before race start. So everyone will have time to build it and sort out any issue. Also there will be some time to familiarise a bit with it.

The Layout: so we are going to stick with 4 R3 and 8R4?

The grid: shall we keep adding positions here? Before March we will run out of layout as more teams will join in ;-)

The Border: As MrF said, I was just checking the dimension with borders included. As long as no barriers are used then everyone is free to put as many borders as liked. I like the idea of building your own borders.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.