SlotForum banner
181 - 200 of 932 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
16,843 Posts
QUOTE (MajorMagless @ 31 Jan 2015, 22:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same for me.

Lotus Exige V6 Cup-R - C3513

Nice. I'll get the C3509 (the yellow one).

Richard, do the same tyres for the R8 fit the Exige? If not, I guess I'll need two more pair and pay for them, unless it's not too late to switch.

·
Circuit Owner
5,960 Posts
Greg you can change the order no problem - same for everybody else.

Can somebody confirm that the Exige uses the narrow MSN tyre please? It will be the same as the fronts on most of the GTs.

·
Greg Gaub
16,843 Posts
QUOTE (MajorMagless @ 31 Jan 2015, 22:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same for me.

Lotus Exige V6 Cup-R - C3513

Oops! Just realized that's the super resistant one. If you want to run that body, you'll need to get a high detail version and do an interior swap.
The yellow one is high detail.

QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 1 Feb 2015, 08:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Greg you can change the order no problem - same for everybody else.
Can somebody confirm that the Exige uses the narrow MSN tyre please? It will be the same as the fronts on most of the GTs.

Thanks!

·
ParrotGod
11,086 Posts
QUOTE (zarko @ 1 Feb 2015, 07:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wait a sec... No distribution of weight around the chassis. Weight can only be used at the front of the car to counter the issue with regards to the guide. No weight should be added apart from front quarter of the chassis.
Why not? I do not see the point in limiting the weight distribution. I like what MrModifier does with the F430. Also the weight distribution should suit your driving style. The rule is simple: you have up to 10gr of ballast to put in your car if you want to.

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 1 Feb 2015, 08:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oops! Just realized that's the super resistant one. If you want to run that body, you'll need to get a high detail version and do an interior swap.
The yellow one is high detail.

So it is. I'll go with this one then:
Scalextric Lotus Exige R-GT #16, C3520

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
QUOTE (GRUNZ @ 1 Feb 2015, 17:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why not? I do not see the point in limiting the weight distribution.

Can the race organiser please state what the max additional weight is and is it to be used only at the front of the chassis or can be distributed anywhere on the chassis?

·
Circuit Owner
5,960 Posts
I have a suspicion that the Exige tyres are NOT the same as the standard narrow sport car tyres as run on the 997 and on the front of the F430 etc etc.

The Exige tyres appear to be at least 1mm narrower.

So could somebody with an Exige PLEASE give me some precise measurements of the REAR WHEEL. I need to know:

The WIDTH of the rim.
The DIAMETER of the rim excluding the ridge in the middle.
The WIDTH of the ridge in the middle.
The DIAMETER of the ridge.

I may have moulds that I can use to produce these tyres. If not then I may have to borrow some Exige tyres to make a mould if somebody could lend?!? I need to move quick because the mould takes a few days to make and cure properly before it can be used to produce tyres.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just a though, I hope there is a part in the rules that states the track must all be sport track and the surface has to be untreated in any way as I know lots of people have painted or sanded their tracks.

·
Greg Gaub
16,843 Posts
QUOTE (MajorMagless @ 1 Feb 2015, 10:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So it is. I'll go with this one then:
Scalextric Lotus Exige R-GT #16, C3520

Good choice.

QUOTE (Wraith @ 1 Feb 2015, 14:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can I use a bit of neodidum as weight?
Of course I'm joking

The same weight of anything is the same weight of anything.

QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 1 Feb 2015, 14:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The WIDTH of the rim.
The DIAMETER of the rim excluding the ridge in the middle.
The WIDTH of the ridge in the middle.
The DIAMETER of the ridge.

Just picked up my Exige:
Rim W: 8.3mm
Rim D: 15.8mm
Ridge D: 18mm
Ridge W: 3.3mm

If you have a tire that's a little small should be fine. Once glued and trued, it will be good. Too large, and it can't be glued down properly. But, it's your call. I've been wanting an Exige, anyway.

·
ParrotGod
11,086 Posts
QUOTE (zarko @ 2 Feb 2015, 11:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can the race organiser please state what the max additional weight is and is it to be used only at the front of the chassis or can be distributed anywhere on the chassis?

I thought that I was one of the race organisers...;-)
I do not understand why you are making such big fuss about it. When we started discussing this with Marcel/Minardi and Gregg/MrFlippant, the idea was to keep the car as close to stock as possible. Unfortunately, Scalextric QC is not up to slot.it standard (just to mention one) which means that out of the box different instances of the same car model can have big differences: wobbling rear axle, wrapped chassis or not completely flat, wobbling front axle, etc. With the magnet, those issues do not make a huge difference. However, magless is another story. There are some measures that can be taken to correct those issues but again it will depend on each car. For me saying that the ballast should go only in the front is like saying that the spacer for the rear axle should only be inserted on the left side. There are instances where the left side is ok and others where it is better to put it on the right side. Same holds for the ballast location.

But then maybe, I am the one making a big fuss about it... ;-)

·
Greg Gaub
16,843 Posts
The only way to be 100% even and fair is for the race to be ROC style, where everyone runs the same cars on the same tracks. Barring that, as long as we all abide by the same rules, that's the best that can be done. So, whatever the rules, it should be as far and even as is possible in this kind of situation. Regardless of what the rules finally come down to being, it should be a great experience.

·
ParrotGod
11,086 Posts
I am with you Greg 100%: This will be a great experience. And I truly hope that it is going to be something that we can keep going. Maybe having 4 events per year with different tracks and different car classes.

The exige is a nice car although the one that I really like is the black one. The others look too plastic to me. However, I was under the impression that they are more a hybrid between rally and GT: link. This means that although the car is quite low for a rally car the tyres are going to be thin and tall: Are they going to be competitive against a pure GT car? This car could be in a class on its own...If you and MAJORMagless want to go light another option might be the Evora (but I agree that is not so cool looking as the exige).

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The yellow Exige is a GT car, the blue and White one is exactly the same sort from extra spotlights but represents a rally version.

I think the only reason Zarko is asking about weight is to be sure if the rules, we only ever rug race with magnets so are not aware of the warped chassis etc. we will of course do our best to get the car to perform.

I was joining about the neodidum (magnet) but I guess good old Smurf Poo will do the job and easily removed afterwards to put the car back to standard.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Hi All,

I've missed a lot of these posts as I was away fishing (good fishing too!). Anyway, seems a lot of discussion about weight. I was in favour of added weight and liked the min max 90-100g idea myself. I think adding some weight is a simple tuning method anyone can do with a little trial and error. Something is needed to have an enjoyable race without too many deslots and this is in my opinion the best option that even novice tuners can manage.

Cars like the much discussed Exige are light compared to likes of the Bentley which is already in the 90-100 zone.

To throw another spanner in the works, what if weight was allowed to be added but final magless weight was to be no more than 15% of the cars original magnet fitted weight? That means the Exige wouldn't need beefing up wildly. It makes it even and fair for all cars. It'd be more like real world racing then as cars would effectively be heavier if they were larger just as in 1:1. The Exige would get a possible max 11 odd grams added and the Bentley a max 14 approx grams.

Over time and a few events we'd probably see results showing faster overall times for some models which would get people using more of them but that's just like NSR Moslers being the favourite pick in analog classes.

Also by the way, I'm trying to get 3 teams of 3 drivers here for our track.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I am sorry guys, for me this is the first time, and I am learning already. I will try to get the rules clear a.s.a.p. and I hope we all can agree on them, I want to keep everybody happy, sometimes that is no so easy. Untill I have the document ready, I think It is wise not to discuss the rules anymore until they are out. Remember, It is supposed to be fun and as a pilot for a next event.

_ Blue and white Exige is ok to use.

Teams, as soon as you can, please send your team name, car name, location, weight of car and picture of car to [email protected] Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Minardi,

Agreed as the organiser you are the only person to set the rules and we have the choice of whether to race or not (We will be no matter what the rulings)

I still can't seem to find the post with the actual start times for Practice / qualifying and Race. I also remember the was a discussion about the length of the race, did this stay the same at 2 Hours?

Thanks

Colin

181 - 200 of 932 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.