SlotForum banner
301 - 320 of 932 Posts

·
ParrotGod
11,493 Posts
Around 15 minutes. I was lapping at an avg of 9 sec per lap but my track is more technical than the one we are going to use. This weekend I am going to put it up the ISC track (have you named it?). If the lapping time is less (track is shorted and there are longer straights) then 100 laps might take less than 15 minutes. This of course with Hard tyres: using soft ones we can lap for only 50 laps.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Well....fastest laps last week where around 8,8 seconds with scalextric sport + silicones. But most of the time we where lapping between 9-10 seconds. The track is 17 m., you will need less pit stops than the 2,5 you had at your track. A lot less...

·
ParrotGod
11,493 Posts
Hi Marcel
Which throttle profile were you using? I was using 5064. Not matter how nimble you use the fuel, a hard set of tyres will last 100 laps and a soft one only 50. At an avg of 9 sec per lap, a hard set will last 16,5 min and a soft one more than 8 min.
So there are several strategies that could be implemented. For instance, one suggestion would be to change driver every time tyres are changed. Depending on the tyre type, each driver can have either a 16 min or a 8 min driving stint. Another one would be to change driver every time a hard set is changed or every second time a soft set is changed. In this case, each stint would be of 16 min. Or let the team decide the strategy as long as each driver has driven for a non-consecutive hour.

·
Greg Gaub
17,051 Posts
I hope the number of tires that are allowed has a buffer. People who use brakes more may actually run out of tires by the end of the race. Our plan is to run without brakes at all, and so should be at the min tire wear. I realize that tire conservation is part of the race, but a couple "buffer" sets couldn't hurt. Speaking of which, I'm not sure it's fair or realistic to stop counting laps when tires are bald. Safe speed makes sense, but no lap counting? No lap counting when out of fuel makes sense, because a car would stop on the road, but bald tires means they can still hobble around a bit. Safe speed just needs to be low enough that no one would want to be stuck at that max. The other reason is that it's VERY easy to accidentally put one set of tires on when you meant to put the other on, especially for those new to RCS64. Since RCS64 discards used tires, regardless of wear, those drivers will have to make sure they do NOT put on the set they initially meant to put on, so that they don't lose a perfectly good set of tires.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Hi guys,

Yes, I will make a buffer, the 5/4 as suggested I have to check. But...It is part of the game, not braking will safe you pit stops. I don't agree that choosing the wrong tyre is VERY easy. Yes, in the old RCS, but now It is a lot more clear what tyres you choose. Just stay calm, and take your time to scroll and pick the right tyre...not easy under stress, I admit

Strategy plays a huge part, especially when both tyre wear and fuel are simulated. But that just adds to the realism, in my opinion.
Since there is no way we can check if drivers switch at pit stops, I was thinking to let the teams decide how/when they change driver, as long as race/drive time is equally divided between team members.

Linear It was Grunz. I have to check the race results to see If I was correct. In any case, next week we do another test and I will share the data (some
)

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
I like this, It is almost like F1...We haven't even announced the car of choice

Do we have any world famous,experienced endurance (slot) drivers amongst the teams ? For Bergen op Zoom I can say yes we have some experience, but only at our home tracks, not un club level and a few events. Longest endurance race I did was 4 hours.

·
Circuit Owner
5,964 Posts
I have been so busy making tyres I haven't even installed RCS64 yet.

I think I might need a crash (or non-crash) course in how to use it

Is there an idiot's guide?!?

Tyres posted to Grunz today. Tyres being posted to Damo tomorrow.

USA tyres will be posted Wednesday. European tyres will be posted on Thursday (UK tyres on Friday).

This should mean that, if Royal Mail keep their promises, everybody should get their tyres on Monday 16th February.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It looks like I have managed to have another team together.
Team name: Morning star 1
Car: Aston Martin dbr9 or Maserati trofeo

Tomorrow I hope my new Maserati will arrivé. Got it as a present from my dear wife.
Only downside is that the ICS track won't fit in my space. Too wide. So have to think of a way to test. March 14 I will build it in the living room.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
How close to the race can we leave the car choice and photo, we didn't get a chance to do any testing so will squeeze it in before our racing on the 28th Feb.

I may also want to try (time permitting) to do a custom livery on the car of choice (as long as I have a backup in case I run out of time)

Richard, As soon as I get team 3's car I will buy a few of each to make sure I have tyres for whatever car we choose.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
Is there any chance the shirt could be a t-shirt rather than a polo for me? In my world polo shirts are business wear and don't have stuff all over the back. That is what t-shirts are for.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Hi guys,

I am at 70% of the official document. It is a lot of work if you want to do It right, and unfortunately I don't have much spare time these days.

If you want already an uncontrolled, not ready copy, just PM me. Some important settings and rules are already documented.

@Trevor; you may have a point but I am not sure everybody agrees. At least the polo is more durable and suits this high class event

I will ask Per Nielsen, he is the man behind It.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Can I get something confirmed.

Is a driver allowed to compete in more than one team.

The reason I ask is that at present we have 5 racers and three teams so I was hoping we could rotate all racers between the three teams so every one races "x" minutes per car and is a marshal when not racing.

We may be able to get driver 6 but he is currently on holiday so can not get hold of him.

Also, most of the racers are not regular racers so will not want a Polo shirt and the club racers already wear club Polo shirts and will for the event.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Hmm, just when you think you have thought of everything...
Thinking out loud....I don't mind. With this kind of racing, a lot comes down to trust and fair play. There is no way we can keep 100% control of everything, either hard- or software let alone the human factor. As long as every driver gets about the same track time I am ok with It. Biggest problem will be dividing a possible price
Make agreements about that before the event.

About the polo's , I received a new design, I will post It. I understand people want to wear there club polo's, but this is a historic event, these polo's increase in price as they get older

301 - 320 of 932 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.