SlotForum banner
421 - 440 of 932 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok that's clear, no penaltys for deslotting....

That means I can drive on the edge !!!!!

Only have to keep my eyes open for the +/- 20 (international) Ghostcars BEHIND me........

greetsss Marcellus

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've been away on business and otherwise too busy to keep up with the posts but we will be having 2 teams, possibly three. Just to let you know.

Cheers, Damo.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great! things are getting big

We already started to workout to become top fit.

Countdown timer is awesome!

By the way Minardi: In the new ISC64 manual the screenshot of the event setup shows 00:20 for the race instead of 02:00
Small thing, but just in case someone enters the wrong time...

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
QUOTE (Damo @ 26 Feb 2015, 06:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we will be having 2 teams, possibly three. Just to let you know.
Time for me to move to some small pokey little town, 3 teams, and we up in the big smoke can only manage 1. Maybe we need to put some flyers out in the places that sell slotcars (hint hint GRUNZ, when I say we I mean you).

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Kiwi, I know what you mean, I live in a very big town close to lots of big towns and cities and I struggle to keep the club alive. Doesn't help when the local Hornby store won't put up a flyer for the club!

Anyway, this all looks good. Zarko and I will be setting up a test track this weekend and learning the software and racing without mags

·
ParrotGod
11,086 Posts
I think it is too close to the race to add another team. Afterwards, we might put some ads on mailing lists (Damien and Mark Burgess have offered to help us out).

·
Greg Gaub
16,843 Posts
QUOTE (Wraith @ 25 Feb 2015, 17:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Kiwi, I know what you mean, I live in a very big town close to lots of big towns and cities and I struggle to keep the club alive. Doesn't help when the local Hornby store won't put up a flyer for the club!

I don't have much problem with hobby stores putting up flyers when I ask, the main problem is that they don't last very long, and I have to keep going back to replace them. But for a hobby shop to flat out refuse is just stupid. Business and legal reasons be darned, it could really only benefit both the retailer and the brand. I go nuts when I hear about stupid things like that.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Great work guys!

On another note, I am in contact with Gary of the DISCA. In short, It is an organization that wants to take digital on a higher level, one of their targets is trying to make general rules and specifications for different kinds of digital racing. Think tracks, cars, rules etc.
Coincidence or not, they have a class for Scalextric DPR GT cars. This covers 90% of the way we set up our rules for the car set up. I am tempted to get together with Disca to take this to a higher level, I think this event is promotion for digital and that is something we all want. I think both DiSCA and the ISC can benefit. What are your feelings ? I can send you a copy of the DiSCA car specifications if you are interested.

Edit; For this event I don't want to change anything to the car rules as described in rev 1 of the rules document. It will mean 2 or 3 deviations to the DiSCA rules that for this event the DiSCA would/could agree with.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Marcel - I am all for it. Closer relationship with DiSCA will only benefit this event in a long run.

·
Gary Skipp
6,691 Posts
Hi everyone

It's been quite exciting talking to Marcel recently and the regs we've drafted for SSD DPR cars are a near perfect fit for this event. DiSCA DPR GT will have a Class A for modified cars, and a Class B for near-stock cars, which suit this International Championship perfectly

With SSD being such a universally recognised and adopted system, we can make a great start on establishing commonality for digital racing

Looking forward to the racing!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Thank you Gary

I will add the DiSCA draft car specifications to our rules document with some small adjustments, so people can read and judge by themselves.
This is getting better and better!

·
ParrotGod
11,086 Posts
Hi Marcel
It is nice that disca is interested. However, I would say that given the website is multi-room I would not like to limit this event to a single class. In other words, if people want to run with the disca regulations then they can have a dedicated room on the website where they can race with according to those regulations.

I would like that people can join ISC to run different classes in different rooms on the website: scaley Super Resistant GT, scaley '80 rally cross, fly trucks, carrera dtm, scaley PRC, NSR, Slto.it, and the list can go on. As long as the cars are chipped with SSD (and compatible systems) to race with RCS then the possibilities are many!

On another note: you might confuse people by adding those regulations right now. Let's get this event over and then discuss more about these regulations and the future of ISC. For sure RCS is going to have a lot of exposure: I hope you guys can get the resources to hire another programmer to help Martin.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
I understand what you mean Gio.
I don't want to limit this to the scalextric GT DPR cars. If this works with DiSCA, I can see more classes to follow. Either way, if next time we want to race a different class, we have to make new rules. At that point both ISC ans DiSCA can benefit if we work together. There are already so much brands, rules etc.
But let's not look too far in the future now. Gary has made an appendix to the DiSCA car class so It fits our event. I think that is great. I will share with you tomorrow.

·
Greg Gaub
16,843 Posts
I'm not sure having more than a couple classes be in the same "race" is a good idea, even in the far future. Their own separate races, sure, but if you just throw the doors wide open, you'll have nothing more than a bunch of entirely incompatible races confusing the standings of a combined race. Of course, I'm all in favor of having as many races as people want, but when you're combining them into one big "result" as the Connected Slot Racers site is for, each combined race needs a much more limited classes or set of classes.

I think it's fantastic that you're working with DiSCA on this. I should have thought to suggest connecting with them sooner, but better late than never. I do agree, though, that it's too late to go changing our rules to suit DiSCA's rules, but it's cool that they've added an addendum to suit the ISC rules. Next time, you can get things more in sync.

·
ParrotGod
11,086 Posts
Hi Greg
I am not suggesting to have different classes on the same races. Trevor has designed the website in such way that you can have separate "rooms" or championships (what better word can be used? Group?) that one can join and compete in. It might require some changes on RCS in order to post the results on the right championship hosted on the same server/IP address. The idea is that if two or more events for different championships happen at the same (or overlapping) time then the data should not be mixed. Does it make sense?

Disca can be one set of rules that applies to a given championship. For rally cross we might have another one. For a fly truck championship another one.Group C slot.it cars...You see where I am going with this? The possibilities are unlimited! (well it actually depends on the server capacity...but that's another story). As long as people agree on a given track layout you can have online events and race/compete/have fun with people around the world! This brings slot car events to a new level.

421 - 440 of 932 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.