SlotForum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 16 Mar 2015, 05:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"real" tire issues, or real TIRE issues? Were you removing and replacing the physical, aka real, tires on the car?
The plurality of your description leads me to believe you meant virtual, rather than real.
What was wrong with your virtual tires when you left the pits? Are you sure the tires were replaced before you left?

We had a few times where the screen would show the tyre (or tire) percentage climbing to 100 percent, then we'd leave the pits and they'd be at 0 within seconds. Since we were new to the software we were all paying a lot of attention to the screen so we were sure we'd selected new tyres (tires). We also had the problem of selecting hard tyres (tires) and kept getting soft tyres (tires) instead. Not being used to the system we did go through tyres (tires) more than we should have anyway of course. We only had practice the day before to set up the cars and then on the morning of the race was our fisrt practice with the software. My guys had never even used digital beforehnad. They are all keen to do more in the future though so that's great! As long as we can sort out the tyres (tires) of course!

I'm getting tires of typing tires (tyres) after each time I type tyres (tires) so it'll be good to stop discussing tyres (tires)!

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
QUOTE (GRUNZ @ 16 Mar 2015, 10:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Damo, did you use the Truspeed controllers? Because one of the issues I had was that when I was pressing the BR button to select an item on the pit menu (let's say the H tyres) then it was acting as a LC followed by a BR: in other words, jump to the next item and select it (in the case of hte H tyre, the next item is S tyre). That's is why in the end we used the scaley ones. This after I cleaned the TS controllers.

We used the Truspeeds and presumed them to be fine. We did have trouble selecting items from the menu like hard tyres but I don't know if the controllers were really our issue. Until I get my shop finisahed and open I won't get time to test and figure it all out and in the past my use of RCS was limited compared to this sort of full on event. I can see that the software is beyond awesome and once I iron out our issues we'll be super keen to race again.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Any date should work for me, at least I'll make it work anyway. I think all my guys would go again too and I've also got another keen guy now too. Cars, well I'd like to run Carrera DTM. Hard to find A1GP. Carrera DTM run so nicely too. Or what about Trans Am? Either Scaley, SCX or Pioneer. It'd make an interesting mix. I'd also like to be able to tune more like gears, wheels, axles, body float etc... Still magless and with interior and no excessive lightening but a bit more leeway for tinkering would be nice.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Going into the future... I'd like to know if we can confirm a standard table size and or layout so that we can all have everything ready to go each time. I would set up something to hold the layout which I can place over the shop track we are building for our store. To do this I'd want to make sure it was suitable for any event. How does everyone else feel about that? MrF's track worked well and the adjusted track will too of course. However, I think it'd be ideal if we could mix it up and have more variety though and to do this I think a wider table/platform would be required. Up to 2 metres wide would make a big difference to the possibilites.

The reason I ask these questions is so that we can prepare and be set up to participate in all events. I am really keen to make the most of this racing and now that we know a little more about how it works I think we should get to business in standadising the table/platform at least.

Also, I think the pace cars were the biggest problem and I'd suggest that three cars on track were a minimum so that one lane always had at least two cars in it but I think that three teams or at least two drivers would be the ideal. eg. 1 driver, two pace cars, 2 drivers and one pace car, or three drivers. Once our pace car got too fast and we had to can it, we kept to our own lanes so there was almost no lane changing required. If we had three drivers it would have been better and more fun.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 17 Mar 2015, 13:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I almost posted that one, but I did the new one because it's the same as what we raced except for the R4 swerve added.
The complaints about too many R2 on the one above was why it was not originally considered, but it's certainly fine with me if people want to go with it for next time.

I'm a fan of this version.

Cheers,
Damo

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.