SlotForum banner
901 - 920 of 932 Posts

·
ParrotGod
10,984 Posts
Hi Zarko
Sorry no pics of that...basically for the MP4 I put the ballast with blue-tack just behind the driver close to centre line of the car.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
what Zarko means is what we tried actually made the cars slower at one point so we gave up and stuck a bit up front and a fit in the middle lol

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Grunz,

Thanks interesting as everyone spoke of putting ballast up by the guide to help in the corners keeping it in the groove but are you saying you added non up by the guide?

We basically had as much as we could fit up front as we have no experience of magless racing (we were very happy with where we came in the race)

·
Registered
123 Posts
If the track track pieces you use are newer and therefor flatter, you can usually get away with less weight near the guide.
Most of my track pieces are well seasoned and tend to cause a bit of bouncing so a little weight up front was helpful.

·
ParrotGod
10,984 Posts
Hi Wraith
No weights on top of the guide for me. It was causing the car to pitch forward making it slower in the corners. And yes, my track piece are quite new.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I experimented with weight for the maserati trofeo as well. Out of the box it was much harder to drive than the Aston martin dbr9 although it was faster on the straights. The trofeo is narrow and long and high. So the weight should be as low as possible to lower the centre of gravity.
First I put most if the weight at the front but the trofeo was still very unforgiving. Then I tried weight at the rear and that made it slide more. This feels like more control to me because when you go too fast through a corner and you see the car slide too much, you know you're on the edge of a deslot.
With the weight at the front the trofeo would just tip over immediately without a warning. So it depends on the car where the weight should be.

See my isc64 pictures for details

·
ParrotGod
10,984 Posts
Yes, actually I noticed that you glued the weight on the outside of the body (both corners of the rear bumper). I am using fishing ballasts which come as a balls in shape: they are quite difficult to fit inside the body of the cars. I have to find some of that flat lead you guys have used.

·
ParrotGod
10,984 Posts
Wraith & Zarko
you guys had three teams in Windsor: 1) Fish and Digital Chip (brilliant name by the way ;-)); 2) British Slot Crusaders; 3) For Queen and Slot.

Which one of these teams experienced car failures? How did they managed to get the car repaired and back on the track? did they changed car?

I am asking because I am looking at the graph from thoefnagel from all the teams and would be interesting to see how the failure effected your race.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Our top two cars suffered the failures. Couldn't repair it as it was the stiff wire on the pickup to the braids.
We had another spare Corvette but as soon as we got it on the track, it was clear that it lacked what the previous car had and we never gained confidence to push it as hard as original car.
When the second Corvette failed with the same issue, we decided to use Lotus Exige but run on stock tyres as there was no time to put on the ones supplied since they need truing and that was at least 10-15 minutes job

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is nicely shown in the charts I created. I can see that your Crusader team was heading for a pretty solid 3rd place, until after lap 550 or so you can see the average laptime going upwards and was passed shortly thereafter by my teams Hoef and Outlet.
The same thing happened to the For Queen And Slot Cars team, they have a upwards average laptime from lap 540 or so. Before that they were in the battle for 4th, 5th and 6th position with my teams.

But can it have been some shorts on the track as it is very strange that two cars have similar problems at the same part in the race...

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
To avoid any confusion; I did receive pictures from the K9 car with proof of weight and pictures from inside, as requested in the rules.

Our Corvette had the same issue, only it was during afternoon practice. So not so strange this happened to both Corvette's

·
ParrotGod
10,984 Posts
I have written a report of the race for Mark Burgess newsletter. If you want to have a look here is the link. The report is a bit shorter than my original one but I think Mark's version is very close to the spirit of it. Thanks to Trevor for providing the data and Teunis for his excel graphs.

edit: corrected the link.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
QUOTE (thoefnagel @ 2 Apr 2015, 00:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Gio, Nice story! I see we as humble dutchies made it to the news on the other side of he world

Now you are famous, I hope you don't start charging for use of your "image"

You'd be amazed how many "dutchies" are kiwis. A lot of people from Netherlands came here, we have many friends who originated there.

- - - I think they are attracted to the name given the country by Abel Tasman

·
Registered
462 Posts
QUOTE (slotcrazy @ 1 Apr 2015, 20:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now you are famous, I hope you don't start charging for use of your "image"

You'd be amazed how many "dutchies" are kiwis. A lot of people from Netherlands came here, we have many friends who originated there.

- - - I think they are attracted to the name given the country by Abel Tasman

I think that's why the kiwis are such good slot racers, they inherited the talent from us

·
Registered
2 Posts
R1 - Orange. There are TWO pieces
R2 - light blue. There are 17 pieces
R3 - Deep Purple. There are TWO pieces
R4 - Violet. There are 8 pieces.

The only "special" piece is a single elevated crossover, which is the same as three short straights. Either will work, whichever you have on hand.
The rest are standard straights, lane changers, and a half straight.

QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 29 Jan 2015, 13:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ISC64_02.jpg
Can I know what will be the dimension (Width and Depth) of the above track?

Thanks,

Kenny

email: [email protected]

901 - 920 of 932 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.