SlotForum banner
121 - 140 of 932 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Ok, than the question is, do we care about the fact if the pit is on the left or right hand side as long as it is a single lane, straight pitlane on the main straight, before SF ?
I have no problem with It, we can not expect people to buy (or modify) a pitlane just for this event.

·
Greg Gaub
17,056 Posts
I have no problem with that. Even better if we have a rule that any pace cars are set to stay in their lane, and are placed in the lane the pit is on. I prefer one fixed speed, no LC pace car per lane. A single pace car on random LC will require more complicated set up of the pace lap to avoid the pit, and I'd like to KISS as much as possible.

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
QUOTE (thoefnagel @ 27 Jan 2015, 23:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And wouldn't it be necessary to do a test race first (with a simple layout like an oval) to see if there are thing we didn't think about?

I like this idea, it doesn't need all locations or team just 3 or 4 locations with a couple of those having more than one team. I would like to test the website with some live racing. How about 2 weeks before the event? Then again 1 week before if anything needs to be fixed or changed?

There are prizes up for grabs and I'd hate for some technical mishap to let my team win.

·
ParrotGod
11,501 Posts
I would say that as soon as the page and rcs64 is ready we could try it out without the need to have a special/simple layout: we could do with our current layouts. We just have to test the update capability and adjust the refresh rate. I would be curious to know if the logs need to be timestampted and if any synchronisation is going to be required. In principle we need to collect only the latest log from each location. As long as the logs are compared within the same time frame (log_(I-th * refresh time), we should be able to achieve a quite accurate overview until race end.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
A test race 2 weeks before sounds good to me. In any case, even without a live updated webpage, RCS will still show a results page after 2 hours with amount of laps and fastest lap. Of course It would be nice to see a website with live results, but It shouldn't be a show stopper if there apears to be a problem with It.

Ok, so agreed about the RH or LH pitlane.
About the pacer, as said before, a minimum of 2 cars on track means 1 pacer constant speed, no LC, in lane pit lane is in, if there is only one human team.

·
Registered
462 Posts
QUOTE (Minardi @ 22 Jan 2015, 14:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now decided;

Cars: Scalextric High detail with lights and interior.DPR-Non DPR allowed
Audi R8
Aston Martin
Bentley GT3
Lotus Evora
Corvette C6R
Maserati Trofeo
Ferrari F430
Jaguar XKR GT3
McLaren MP4-12C
Ford GT
Porsche GT

High detailed with lights and interior.
90-100 gram.
No magnet.
Urethane tyres medium compound Route1Racing.
1 set of rear tyres allowed, in case of failure of tyres (highly unlikely), replace by original tyres.
Gluing in the motor, axles bushings allowed
Putting ferrite man on leads,
Lubrication allowed
Uprated chips NOT allowed

PS Richard, did you see your e-mail ?
Edit : Ferrari F430...hmmm...not very reliable in my experience but feel free to use It

Three questions:
- Which Aston Martin is meant? I have a High detail DBR9 (limited edition GULF twin pack).
- Same question about Ford GT. I have a Ford GT-40 (see my avatar). Is that allowed?
- Ferrite man on leads. Is that obligatory? My cars are just stock versions. Only my GT-40 was non DPR.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The ASSC will be racing with a full size track that day as we will be at our larger location. We can test the software and link etc but will probably only get 1 lap to 4 of the proposed track.

Err, being lazy and not kept up, has a track been finalised?

Colin

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
QUOTE (thoefnagel @ 29 Jan 2015, 05:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Three questions:
- Which Aston Martin is meant? I have a High detail DBR9 (limited edition GULF twin pack).
- Same question about Ford GT. I have a Ford GT-40 (see my avatar). Is that allowed?
- Ferrite man on leads. Is that obligatory? My cars are just stock versions. Only my GT-40 was non DPR.

The GT40 would not be allowed, it's a fifty year old car, not a modern GT like the Ford GT. The DBR9 Gulf would be allowed though.
The ferrite man would be allowed as is but also allowed on leads to save it from breaking the legs during a two hour race.

Cheers, Damo.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just a thought, would this be the 1st time this has ever been done? if so this is history in the making and also possibly a world record?

·
Circuit Owner
5,964 Posts
Ooh I like your thinking.

World record for the most identical slot car tracks syncronised into a single race. Possibly the most continents ever to simultaneously race against each other in real time. What else?

Anyway - change of subject.

I need some time to get the tyre order together and for this I need to know from each location the following details:

1) Name and address of who to post the tyres to.

2) What tyres you actually need.

Route1Racing is sponsoring 2 pairs of tyres per location. Look at the www.Route1Racing.com website and let me know which tyres you need. Most likely to be either the MSN or MSW tyres but others can be supplied if needed.

You can order additional tyres if you wish and I can include these in the parcel with the free tyres - if your order pushes the postage price up you only pay the additional amount but if there is no increase due to weight then you get shipping for free

I need all orders as soon as possible as I have a real job and need to make tyres in the evening without incurring the wrath of SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED ("don't you ever get tired of playing with toy cars?!?")

Your cooperation is appreciated as I need to be posting tyres to the furthest flung reaches of the planet before the end of February so everybody gets a fair crack at setting them up for racing.

Richard

·
Trevor Gordon
1,466 Posts
We have temporary hosting for the initial website, but there is nothing to see yet. http://ssdisc.azurewebsites.net/ If it is a sucess then we can look for a more permanent place. And it isn't to be read as "ss disc". grrr I hate naming websites.

For the techie types:
Now to learn about how azure works. Sorry to all the Microsoft haters but .Net is all I know. The other options sound so much better but I can't find anyone to pay me to learn them.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
@Mr Modifier (and other racers); compound in any case is medium, right ?

@Wraith. No lay-out decided yet. Greg/Damo/Gio or anybody else, can you please design a track so we have 3 to choose from ?

1.5 x 5 m

2 x 22.5 degree R3's
8 x 22.5 degree R4's
4 x 45 degree R1's
3 x XLC's (I have no problem that locations add more XLC's, but let's keer 3 XLC as minimum
Assuming people have enough straights and variations of straights, and R2's.

Single lane pit lane RH or LH. single lane, straight pitlane on the main straight, before SF
Virtual starting grid 24 positions

@Thoefnagel; Damo said it all

@Wraith; I don't know how many races at once were organized with Scalextric Sport World (which was analog racing), but I have a feeling we are part of something unique, and we may well set some World Records. And I have a feeling this will be the first event, but certainly not the last. We will learn a lot from this one to improve for the next.

@Distantkiwi; Nice! Good work, can't wait to see some data and run some tests.

A friend of mine is working on a ISC64 logo and I heard rumours about T-schirts, caps...we will see.

Besides that, behind the screens Martin is looking at possibilities to make RCS64 ready for events like this in the future....but that is for later, let's focus first on March 14/15.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Just looking at the list of cars and wondering why the Lotus Exige is not included?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Because we (I) forgot to add It, Sorry !

Cars: Scalextric High detail with lights and interior.DPR-Non DPR allowed
Audi R8
Aston Martin
Bentley GT3
Lotus Evora
Corvette C6R
Maserati Trofeo
Ferrari F430
Jaguar XKR GT3
McLaren MP4-12C
Ford GT
Porsche GT
Lotus Exige

·
Circuit Owner
5,964 Posts
Yes medium compound. Shore A50 to be precise.

I have bought a brand new batch of chemicals so the tyres will be fresh and all made from the same batch.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Looking forward to trying your A50, I usually make A30, Yours should be nice and long lasting and probably just as grippy. Been trying to get mine up to A40 but its a little hit and miss and blooming messy.

Your help in this event is hugely appreciated as I know just how much work you will have to do.

·
ParrotGod
11,501 Posts
Hi Marcel
To be honest the track stock is quite limiting. I think the best shot is Greg's proposed track (provided that some of the R3 are replaced with R2). Also, I do not see any problem in settling on the track right now and have some testing before the main event. I am not aware of any GT event where the drivers go at a racing event not having tested the track before and set the car for the track.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Gio, I guess you are right about the track, for this time it might be too much to have 3 options of tracks when there is already so much to arrange.

Let's focus on Greg's track than, please try to make it with less R3 and see what track stock is needed. And than see if people have trouble to find missing stock, I think we can find a solution.

121 - 140 of 932 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.