SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi racers,

Thanks to some help I was given here I have learned a thing or two about the Slot.It system and the firmware update process.
A friend has inherited a fair amount of Slot.It equipment of the SCP 1.1 era and has turned to me for the technical side of things.

I have successfully updated his dongle, the SCP 1.1 cartridge controllers and a couple of car chips without any issues.
The problems start with the CRI, where I'm sure it's my lack of knowledge at fault. I can't seem to update them.

According to the instructions they cannot update when attached to the SCP, but when I detach them, they do not power on and cannot be found.
They will only power on when connected into to the SCP.
These SCP controllers have been set up for wireless with a battery pack on the side with a 9v battery in it that is wired through to the CRI.
The SCP controller is not powered without the CRI attached.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Scott

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
The CRI should not be attached to the controller: the controller handle takes cartridges.
The CRI should have a cartridge attached to it.
For instance, you have an analog cartridge attached to the CRI and the oxigen cartridge attached to the SCP.
You link/pair the CRI to the oXigen cartridge in the handle.
If you want to upgrade the firmware on the CRI, first make sure that the controller/cart to which it is paired is not powered up.
Then, make sure that whatever cart you have in the cri this is connected to your track so that CRI can be powered up.
Then you should be able to connect the cri to the dongle/bootloader.

BTW: Where are you based? the flag on your user id seems from NZ...I am based in Auckland.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks!
Hmm, maybe I'm getting confused. I'm very new to all this stuff.

By the sounds of it I was mistaking the Oxigen cartridge (which plugs into the handle of the SCP controller) for the CRI... in that case I have no idea what a CRI is or if we even have or need one! I'm getting the O2 manual and having a read to try and get a grip on this now.

Yes I'm in Auckland also... A mate has built a crazy big track and now it's nearly ready to go after many months of work, I'm trying to get all the technical side working so we can use race management etc :)

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
CRI = Cartridge/Common Radio Interface. This is what allows the SCP to wireless control a wired cartridge, such as an analog one, or the Universal Digital one.

If you are racing oXigen, then the CRI will not be part of your usage.

If you've updated the dongle (USB stick), in-car chips, and the oXigen controller (SCP1.1 with oXigen cart in the handle), then you're done. What other hardware do you have that you think needs to be updated?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CRI = Cartridge/Common Radio Interface. This is what allows the SCP to wireless control a wired cartridge, such as an analog one, or the Universal Digital one.

If you are racing oXigen, then the CRI will not be part of your usage.

If you've updated the dongle (USB stick), in-car chips, and the oXigen controller (SCP1.1 with oXigen cart in the handle), then you're done. What other hardware do you have that you think needs to be updated?
Thanks for clarifying. In that case I have nothing else that I think needs to be updated now other than the other 8 controllers and more cars! 🚗💨

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
I have a group of 6 people and we race oXigen here in Auckland as well (I am based now in the North Shore).

We use RCS-O2 on a scalex track: RCSO2 Racing
I would be keen to meet and in case I could lend you a hand with the issue you have.
Could you send me a PM on here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts