SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have previously installed a number of slot.it SP14B chips without issue. However on installing the slot.it SP15c I have a red light illuminated on the chip board. The car will not move when I apply power. This is on a scalextric digital arc pro set up. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
10,898 Posts
First of all, this is not an oXigen chip, so you will be better off posting on the scalex digital section.
I can see that this install is on a metal chassis (revoslot): have you isolated the chip from the metal chassis? I can see some red tape but nothing around the the hole where the IR lead should shine through. I wonder if you have shorted something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The light being on is normal. You should be able to connect to the controller via the power base as normal. I’m assuming you know how that’s done by pressing on the power base button that corresponds to the controller. Make sure the controller is on when you do this.

Mike M.

·
Greg Gaub
16,619 Posts
Good point. Did you program the chip to a specific color/controller yet? If not, though they usually default to ID #1 (red), that's not a guarantee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys much appreciated. I will check with regards to controller set up. With the SP14B chips installed they defaulted to the controller normally, however I will double check as it is likely something simple I have overlooked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point. Did you program the chip to a specific color/controller yet? If not, though they usually default to ID #1 (red), that's not a guarantee.
Thanks. So yeah I have checked and that was indeed the issue. Having spent ages soldering the chip in and adding a light kit I can't believe I was undone by such a simple oversight. But thanks for the input as it has saved much head scratching!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The light being on is normal. You should be able to connect to the controller via the power base as normal. I’m assuming you know how that’s done by pressing on the power base button that corresponds to the controller. Make sure the controller is on when you do this.

Mike M.
So you were indeed correct and I hadn't programmed the controller in! What a fool I am but pleased all is working now. Thank you :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts