SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to convert the Isuzu Bellett from the Arii 1/32 kit from hobbylink. I've done a fair bit of research on this and it looks like the Pendle slot racing pcs 32 adjustable chassis will work the best.

Just wondering if anyone has converted this adjustable chassis and made it work on a Scalextric digital track at all? I think I asked someone about this previously but they said your very limited on space to mount the chip in this chassis but not sure if anyone's done it yet.

Also need some help selecting what axel size I will need and what pcs wheels to suit.

Any help with this build would be amazing. Sorry I'm fairly new to slot cars but have been in the RC scene for over 15 years. So love to tinker. I've been asking questions all over this forum but I thought I would make this thread so we can keep it all in here.

thanks so much
Brendon

Vehicle Car Hood Toy Automotive design
Wood Bumper Material property Font Measuring instrument
Rectangle Ruler Office ruler Font Measuring instrument
Font Rectangle Office supplies Material property Measuring instrument
Musical instrument Office equipment Font Gadget Bumper
Rectangle Office equipment Material property Office supplies Trigger
Gas Font Bumper Gadget Composite material
Watch Rectangle Analog watch Font Eyewear
Rectangle Gadget Font Office supplies Office equipment
Rectangle Measuring instrument Temperature Health care Gas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, i've got the same Kit along with the Arii Beetle to make up, i plan to modify the kits chassis with All slot car chassis parts from Pendle, motor mount etc, mainly as they were cheap from Pendle. will be interested to see how yours goes. Working on a Revell Porsche 935 first.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I have seen @Trisha mount Pendles PCS chasis in a lot of Airfix VW bugs and 356, which are narrow cars, so if he has done it, Im pretty sure the chasis will fit your Isuzu, however don’t know if it will be enough space for the chip to fit in. In most of the S&B projects sometimes you have to improvise as your are building the car, as there are no recipes for most of the projects, after building the same car a couple of times, then maybe you will know what works better for certain model😉.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Daniel's quite right. Several Beetles and Porsches I've built are very narrow, but handle beautifully. An example below currently under construction. The distance between the outside of each rear tyre is just 41mm. I can't increase this distance by very much due to the body's wheelspats covering the wheels.

Hope this helps.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Ingredient Wood Cuisine Flowerpot Drinkware

Vehicle Art paint Mountain Ecoregion Paint

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hi Brendon,

You'll need to buy 3/32 axle blanks and cut them to size yourself. That's a normal part of scratch building. A Dremel with a cutting disk does the job nicely.

I have several cars with a 40mm outside to outside track width across the tires. Airfix Triumph TR4A and MGB come to mind. Fear not the narrow car. Just make sure you add a good chunk of weight to the bottom of the car so it doesn't roll over during hard cornering.

Everyone here has given great advice. You're in good hands. Sorry I can't help with digital. I'm an old school analog scratch builder.

I really like narrow cars, and look forward to building my Arii Bellet GT.

Here's the Arii Beetle, and Airfix cars.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow thanks so much for all the help guys. Hopefully after I get my actual Toyota Camry serviced on Thursday. After that I should have some more disposable cash to put in an order.

Thanks again for all the help so far. I think I might have to forget the digital chip idea for this project for now.

Brendon

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daniel's quite right. Several Beetles and Porsches I've built are very narrow, but handle beautifully. An example below currently under construction. The distance between the outside of each rear tyre is just 41mm. I can't increase this distance by very much due to the body's wheelspats covering the wheels.

Hope this helps. View attachment 293069 View attachment 293070
View attachment 293071
Any chance you can link me to these exact wheels please as I think these will actually fit under the belletts rear fender and work out ok

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Brendon

Please have a look at Pendle Slot Racing's site and study the wheels and tyres available in the PCS section. There are narrow wheels and tyres available in different diameters. I've experimented with 13, 14 and 15-inch items on several cars, and all work exceptionally well.

With Airfix Beetles I favour the 13-inch wheels as they lower the overall gear ratio and the ride height. I'll post a few pictures later today to give you a better idea. It's currently 4am and very dark.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Get your self a F1 Scalextric sports chip it's a lot smaller than the standard ones! You can also take the plastic off it to, which makes it a bit smaller again. Look under the digital section here and you will find different applications that will help you with your progress of your biuld.
Cheers,
John.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get your self a F1 Scalextric sports chip it's a lot smaller than the standard ones! You can also take the plastic off it to, which makes it a bit smaller again. Look under the digital section here and you will find different applications that will help you with your progress of your biuld.
Cheers,
John.
Great idea

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you so much for all the pics Trisha. It actually looks like dad might be returning from his adventures very soon. Might wait for him to come back before I put an order in as we need to order parts to make his custom ford zephyr as well.

Thanks
Brendon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts