SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - so NOT slot related but enjoy anyway...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone! I is back

QUOTE Diary Entries:

Aug 12
Moved into our new home in sunny Switzerland. It is so beautiful here.
The mountains are so majestic.
Can hardly wait to see them with snow on. I love it here.

Oct 14
Switzerland is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colours and shades of red and orange.
Went for a ride through the wonderful mountains and saw some deer.
They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful creatures on earth.
This must be paradise, I love it here.

Nov 11
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature.
Hope it will snow soon. I love it here!

Dec 2
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white.
It looks like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shovelled the driveway.
We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snow plough came by, we had to shovel again.
What a beautiful place. I love Switzerland.

Dec 12
More snow last night. I love it. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here!

Dec 19
More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shovelling.
Frigging snow plough.

Dec 22
More of that white crap fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shovelling.
I think the snow plough hides round the corner and waits till I am done shovelling the driveway. Asshole!

Dec 25
Merry frigging Christmas!!! More frigging snow.
If I ever get my hands on that S.O.B who drives that snow plough, I swear I will kill the barsteward.
Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the freaking ice..

Dec 27
MORE white crap last night. Been inside for 3 days except for shovelling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time.
Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white crap.
The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the crap again tonight.
Do you KNOW how many shovel fulls of snow that is??

Dec 28
The frigging weatherman was wrong. We got 34" of the sodding white stuff this time!
At this rate it won't melt before summer.
The snow plough got stuck up the road and that S.O.B came to the door asking to borrow my shovel.
After I told him I had broken 6 shovels already shovelling all the crap he pushed into my driveway, I broke the last one over his damn head.

Jan 4
Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a damned deer ran out in front of the car and I hit it.
Did about $3.000 damage to the car. Those frigging beasts should all be killed.
Wish the hunters had got them all last November.

May 3
Took the car to the garage in town.
Would you believe the sodding thing is rusting from all the bloody salt they put all over the road.

May 10
Movers came to pack. We are off to California.
I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to live in God forsaken Switzerland.

·
Registered
773 Posts
..that has been a real good laugh Swiss!

I can imagine the guy who wrote that - had some co-workers from California in my old company and it sounded VERY familiar to me

good to have you back online! Hope, the HD is fixed?
Have some time up from tomorrow evening - so we can start with Suzuka!

Also there are some goodies I've to show you - the new Pescarolo-bodies from TSRF - AMAZING stuff!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Swiss lives in 8132 Egg, east of Zürich on a "hill" called Pfannenstiel - panhandle in english - just 5km away from me

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE just 5km away from me

That's only because you moved near to me coz you KNOW it is THE place to be!!

That Diary anecdote is closer to real than you know until you lived here
but shh! don't tell the Swiss that eh Thomas?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
QUOTE Swiss lives in 8132 Egg, east of Zürich on a "hill" called Pfannenstiel - panhandle in english - just 5km away from me

Isn't Panhandle "twinned" with the quaint English village "Little Saucepanlid on the Stove"

·
Registered
773 Posts
..never I would tell - nor would I tell them, that we've been invited both to bring some cultural background to the Alps

Will call you later mate!

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
Or...

Aug 12
Moved into our new home in sunny California. It is so beautiful here.
The mountains are so majestic.
Can hardly wait to see some rain. I love it here.

Oct 14
California is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colours and shades of red and orange, just like in Switzerland.
Went for a ride through the wonderful mountains and saw some mountain lions.
They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful creatures on earth.
This must be paradise, I love it here.

Nov 11
Hunting season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature.
Hope it will rain soon. I love it here!

Dec 2
It rained last night. Woke up to find everything wet.
It looks like a postcard. Went outside and sponged the water off the steps and drained the driveway.
We had an umbrella fight (I won), and when this truck came by and doused us, we had to dry ourselves again.
What a beautiful place. I love California.

Dec 12
More rain last night. I love it. The truck did his trick again in the driveway. I love it here!

Dec 19
More rain last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work because it's flooded again. I am exhausted from draining it.
Frigging truck came by again while I was draining it.

Dec 22
More of that wet crap fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from them being wet.
I think that truck hides round the corner and waits till I am in the driveway. Asshole!

Dec 25
Merry frigging Christmas!!! More frigging rain.
If I ever get my hands on that S.O.B who drives that truck, I swear I will kill the barsteward.
Don't know why they don't use more storm drains on the roads to get rid of the freaking water..

Dec 27
MORE wet crap last night. Been inside for 3 days except for draining out the driveway after that [email protected]#$% truck goes through every time.
Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in three feet of wet crap.
The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the crap again tonight.
Do you KNOW how many driveways fulls of water that is??

Dec 28
The frigging weatherman was wrong. We got 34" of the sodding wet stuff this time!
At this rate it won't drain before summer.
The truck got stuck up the road and that S.O.B came to the door asking to borrow my phone to call the auto club.
After I told him I had ruined 6 pairs of jeans already draining all the crap he sloshed into my driveway, I broke the phone over his damn head.

Jan 4
Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a damned mountain lion ran out in front of the car and I hit it.
Did about $3.000 damage to the car. Those frigging beasts should all be killed.
Wish the hunters had got them all last November.

May 3
Took the car to the garage in town.
Would you believe the sodding thing is rusting from all the bloody water that got to it in the garage?

May 10
Movers came to pack. We are off to Switzerland.
I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to live in God forsaken California.
Only a buch of rain fanatics I guess.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Rain? What is rain? What does it look like, or is it yet another four-letter word?

Russell in sunny Dubai.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...Russel, rain is the equivalent to SAND or DUST in your region - or SNOW in my

All 4-letter-words which are nerving if there is to much of it

We've to change places - it's lousy cold here, still everything covered white. Have some visitors from UK here - they are freezing because they had 9°C this morning at home in UK...

G

·
I find this interesting as a lot of members on the Forum live in another country from the one they were born in, Now I know a lot of this is due to being moved with your work or because of better opportunities in another country in the field that you work in. Having said that I could never leave Wales not even to live in England which I can see from on top of the hill I live on.

RR

·
Registered
773 Posts
RR - as Wales is one of the most beautifull countries I've ever been, it's understandable for me! Have been there a couple of times with my motorcycle and enjoyed it - even if it's been rainig every time I've been there.
Mild temperatures, beautifull landscape with everything you would like, lot's of castles and ruins - and extreme friendly and helpful people! Did not recognize, that you're living in Wales - so I just found one more reason to visit Cymru again

G

·
Thomas,
you are invited to come anytime you can. I live in an area designated an area of outstanding beauty for the view from on top of the mountain where I live.
Great motorcycle country, we get a lot of motorcyclist coming over from England.

RR

Cymru am byth, as my youngest daughter would say.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...will come back to that in Summer Jeff! My Buell needs a little exercise and the region has more than 1 curve when I remember right
Only have to take care to use the correct side of the road

Are there many speed-traps? That has been my biggest problem last time I've been in wales - have collected to many tickets

G

·
Thomas your on, summer it is. There are no speed trap if you go the right way to Mid Wales from South Wales and great roads with wonderful scenery. If you are coming on your own bring a spare helmet.

Best wishes,

Jeff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts