SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but she's a big success here at work!

I finally got around to taking some pics of the track I built where I work. I doubt we'll ever landscape it but it's a good sized track that's relatively fast with some good twisty bits thrown in to help even things out.

A good lap time for a Slot It car is around 6.7 seconds. Track record in lane 3 is 6.471 in a Fly Joest Porsche modified with a complete Slot It drivetrain and a wee bit of lead for good measure.

Scott

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Scott, it looks really good!
Nice assortment of different curves and it looks pretty fast too. Very well done!

We didn't hook up last month but I'll have to get down there sometime!

PS - Is that your parts order in the background of pic 2?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're pretty lucky to be able to have a track like this at work. We race during our 15 minute breaks and for 1/2 hour at lunchtime. We also stay late one night a week for a couple of hours. We typically do 5 or 10 minute races and rotate lanes as soon as we feel like we've gotten our best times in the lane we're in.

Now that i've built a track i'm eager to get started on another. There's a lot of stuff i'd like to change and a lot of parts could be routed better but it will have to wait until sometime this summer.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE can i work there too?

I imagine the daily commute to Canada will be tough...

I think Scott has a great situation here. A boss who relinquishes a bit of extra space to allow his employees to do something that makes the whole team happier about working there. What a concept!
I can think of a few bosses who should take note of this...

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Hey Scott. About time you took pics. What night are you racing this week? Maybe I can make it. THe commute for me is not bad.

Hey Fergy let me know when you will be going.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Every company should have perks like that.
Nice track.

How do you manage to keep disciplined and say right im here for 10 mins and no more....... i would be like ok just one more lap.... just one more lap, before i knew it my 10 min break would now be getting into 30 mins plus.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Bill

I think we're racing this Friday after work - 4pm to 5:30 or 6pm.

So far we've been able to stick with our break and lunch schedules and not cause any serious trouble. I think the moment we start taking advantage of this great opportunity, we'll lose the track.

Scott

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

We were lucky in that we pretty much could use as much space as we wanted. Now that it's done I wish we'd done a loooooong straight and perhaps one banked turn to have some nice high speed runs. I'm already coming up with a plan now that i've got this build under my belt. The only real issues I'm facing with designing a new track is making sure we can see what's going on at the far end of the track. Does anyone know of any large scale plans for a 4 lane or larger track that won't give us sight issues?

Thanks again

Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.