Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alexis Gaitanis
2,397 Posts
I cant guess what Maurizio has in mind since the original article says old moulds are unuseable.I hope that the proslot moulds are included in the deal and we are going to see a new generation of Alfas ,Slot.it quality.And if the rumor I heard
that Carrera finds the Ferrari deal too expensive for the sales it created is at all true then i hope Maurizio is preparing for
a release of proslot F1s,355s,Slot.it quality.

Well i know i am dreaming.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I'm sure I heard that slot.it would never do saloon/non prototype cars

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
How cool is that? To buy the company, maybe save the company, that made a toy you once loved as a child?

I'm ignorant here (don't take the bait), are Policar to Italy what Scalextric is to England? The home grown and cherished brand?

Didn't know Proslot were connected either.

Flange, I'm sure I heard Maurizio once said he'd be making a DTM Alfa 155 one day real soon.

Okay, okay! I'm starting a rumour here based on no facts and a big fat giant wish. I hope it runs until it becomes reality. He could release it as a Policar (built to Slot It standards, of course).

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Policar had a huge range from the early 60s onwards Wankel, & across all scales from HO to 1/24. Big in Italy & the continent.
Anyone who`s into 1/32 1970s F1 cars should look them up. Not the best quality, but some very interesting models were made.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Vendor
2,912 Posts
Hi all.
Thanks for the interest in the article.
Policar is, or rather, was long ago, to Italy what Scalextric is to the UK. 'Slot tracks' were just called 'Policar track', then 'Polistil track' when the old Policar name was abandoned.

In any case, even now, when I have to explain what we do, I refer to Policar track.
All the old Policar moulds (I refer to the old historic stuff) as far as we know, are lost.

regards
Maurizio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts