SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
redstar
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,heres a 2nd Alfa Romeo S10 i just got in,made by the Italian firm Alcyon of Italy back in 1952. This new one has some paint missing & the clear plastic side windows & rear window are missing. That will easily be fixed. The car body is metal,12 inches long,with electric lights. Underneath there are zonkers in the front & the rail contacts are toward the rear. Whats unusual is both the rear wheels along with the motor & front wheels turn.
I posted a photo of both from the museum (it maybe the only photo of 2 together anywhere).Thanks,Bernard

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
sampson can you post a vew of the chassis from the top. i,d like to see how it all works. very interesting. john

·
redstar
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,heres some photos of the set box ,the way you set it up ,& the transformer with speed control. The metal flat bracket is an attachment used to situate the car on the rails,its removed once the Alfa Romeo takes off. Again both the front & the rear pivotThanks,Bernard

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Thanks Bernard, gotta be one of the stranger ones out there!

Was the rear pivot just to let it follow the rail better?

Don

·
redstar
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Don,yes i think you are right.This system as you can see is a 2 rail one.so 1 rail is positive & the other is negative. Because the electrical contacts are further back the rear has to pivot.If you like the strange quality of this set you will love what i believe to be one of the strangess sets ever made & one of the rarest sets ever made.
I should have it in about 2 weeks. I think most of us have never heard of or seen this pre 1956 set. I know i never have.
I will post photos of it went it gets here. Thanks,Bernard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts