SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Talking about my cars with Gary from MRE last week, he said that cars are usually better in pairs and especially cars like this which are so different to most others. You wouldn't just get the Scalextric vintage Bentley and race it with a new F1 car, you'd also have the Alfa Romeo so they're well matched and look right.

With this in mind, I got to thinking about the 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco

It's just a front end restyle of the '74 car so I made up a new front end and hopefully it can be resin cast as a new bodyshell.

I need to make up some graphics and roof lights, but I think it'll go well with chasing the Bluesmobile.

And the toughness of the resin shell will come in very handy

QUOTE With this in mind, I got to thinking about the 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco

Sounds like a good plan to me - the other question is will there be a Ford Crown Victoria as the Bluesmobile 2000?
Cheers
phil

p.s. Any news on the fall guy truck? I was looking forward to building one of those.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Blues Brother 2000? If it's not 30 years out of date I can't do it. You don't know how difficult it is to type this reply on my "difference engine"

All parts are in for the Fall Guy's truck, I must post something up here

Discussion starter · #46 ·
You've seen through my cunning plan!

The Bluesmobile is a strange car, from my first batch of 5 it must have taken 9 months to sell them all, I thought I'd be leaving them to my grandchildren as family heirlooms. Then I sold 2 in one day and the next 3 are already ordered a couple of weeks after that.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
By 1976, 77 the Dodge Monaco was a much smaller car, it's my Sheriff's car in fact. It's the mid size B platform as I'm sure you know
Some people like police forces wanted the bigger car which was then called the Dodge Royal Monaco. It's a lot like the '74 Monaco (Bluesmobile) but with a different radiator grille, front turn signals and headlights.

To make it, I made a new front end and Steve grafted it onto the Bluesmobile bodyshell. With some dedicated police lights and new graphics it's good to go!

Gareth,
Nice job - you'd better bill me for a body kit and send me one! Will go well with the Blues Mobile & I've got a spare chassis built up from my own home brewed first attempt at a Blues Mobile so I can get one up and chasing really quick. We could do with a flip over mechanism to re-enact the carnage from the film!
"They Broke my watch!"
Cheers
Phil

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Hi Phil, I thought you'd want one of these! Let me get all the parts together and I'll contact you

I wondered about the flip over mechanism, I remember the old Scalextric Datsun pickup trucks having it. It's possible for me to make one but would a car really flip over when hit from behind? Or do something else? It would probably explode in a huge fireball in some TV shows but that's not too good at your home track...

Excellent stuff old bean, I was just kidding about the flipper mechanism - I gather in the films they used a mortar fired piece of telegraph pole under the cars to flip some of the cars over.
A question re the FG Pick up the content sheet says decals but there was just the bonnet logo - I assume I've got to mask & spray the gold side stripes?

Chassis up and running & Interior done so should have some pics soon
Cheers
Phil

Discussion starter · #53 ·
The Fall Guy truck should have the bonnet logo and the number plates, the side stripes are down to your spraying and masking skills.

I can't believe how quickly you get this stuff built up! Very useful, as there are dozens of Chicago Police cars to do!

Hi Gareth, what are you using on the bumpers of those cars? looks like a good chrome effect finish you have there.

Hi Gareth,

QUOTE The Fall Guy truck should have the bonnet logo and the number plates,
Just the bonnet logo cant find the number plate decals.

QUOTE the side stripes are down to your spraying and masking skills.
B*gger it I thought you were going to say that - time to get the pesky masking tape out!
Cheers
Phil

Discussion starter · #56 ·
QUOTE (MAF @ 12 Feb 2013, 08:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Gareth, what are you using on the bumpers of those cars? looks like a good chrome effect finish you have there.
It's an Edding 751 Paint Marker pen. Ideal for those of us who are rubbish with a paint brush, you're right that the colour is pretty good.

QUOTE (Phil.Insull @ 12 Feb 2013, 10:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just the bonnet logo cant find the number plate decals.
Number plate decals on their way when I send the Chicago Police car, sorry I missed them!

Cheers Gareth,
Just finished scratch building a roll bar with the two round & two rectangular lights on top and scratching through my spare bits boxes for a couple of front spot lamps - should be finished in a couple of days just the body stripes and details to paint up - will take it for a test spin on Thursday at Wolves.
Best regards
Phil

Finished it tonight and ran it at Wolves - most entertaining body roll! Will post some pics over the weekend - Gareth I owe you an apology I found the number plate decals attached behind the bonnet decal I am getting a blind old duffer!

Cheers
phil

Hi Gareth,
Here you go then as requested....

Quite funny at Wolves yesterday as a few of the younger lads said very nice - what was the fall guy then?
Don't they just love to make you feel old.
Cheers
Phil

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.