SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm fairly new here, and this is my first posting.

I am interested in recreating the drift circle in the top right of the (hopefully) attached photo of a Jadlam layout. It appears to show two radius 2 single lane curves, but as far as I can tell, such a thing is not available. Does anyone here please know how this is accomplished? I'm pretty sure the circle isn't in radius 3 as it contains a crossover curve.

Thanks!

Automotive parking light Wheel Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Autoavia
1,053 Posts
If you go to the Jadlam website there is a list of the part numbers for everything to build that layout. Link below will take you to the page

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/scalextric-arc-pro-digital-bundle-sl12-time-trial-2-car-jadlamracing-set/

I can't see a radius 2 single lane curve in that list or in the Scalextric catalogue but you could try an email to Jadlam and/or Scalextric through their website for help.

If you don't already have most of the pieces for that layout you will probably find it is much cheaper to buy the complete set from Jadlam than it is to build the circuit by buying individual track sections.

·
Greg Gaub
15,770 Posts
What I don't get is why in the world they're selling that with an ARC Pro and two cars, when it's a rally track where passing is completely impossible. The most you could do, other than single car time trials, is to put the faster guy in front, and challenge him to catch back up to the slower guy in a set amount of time or laps. Even if you bought the set and made a non-rally layout, it's no better than an ARC Air, since there are no lane changers.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
What I don't get is why in the world they're selling that with an ARC Pro and two cars, when it's a rally track where passing is completely impossible.
Time Attack??

·
Greg Gaub
15,770 Posts
Yes. Single car time trials.

Other than that (and "chase" as I also mentioned), what else could be done on that layout?

What can you do with two cars on a rally layout at the same time with no lane changing?

·
Administrator
10,255 Posts
Good spot JohnnyFast. Yep Jadlam screwed up there. I wonder if anyone buys one what jadlam will do.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
What I don't get is why in the world they're selling that with an ARC Pro and two cars, when it's a rally track where passing is completely impossible.
Time Attack??
I've just checked Jadlam's website, out of curiosity. It is actually a Time Trial set, and the description of the set starts-off........... "This unique layout uses a single powered lane and runs 2 loops of the circuit in order to complete the time trial. Beginning on the starting grid, challenge friends and family to see who can complete the TT in the fastest time!"

·
Greg Gaub
15,770 Posts
Yet it includes an ARC Pro, 6 car digital base. Two cars and controllers, I can understand, but ARC Pro?? It's like they have a pile of them from other sets they've split up, and would rather include an ARC Pro in the set than an ARC Air.

·
Circuit Owner
5,928 Posts
I guess the reason they have ArcPro and two cars is that you could start them side by side and see who can lap quickest - like Race of Champions. First to get back to their starting point first wins - simply set up a 2 lap race (because you would pass the start/finish line half way around as well as at the end). Could be a lot of fun - the crossovers add some peril to proceedings.

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Grey wire mod and the Magic app... two rally circuits for the price of one... i.e. drive in either direction without repositioning the powerbase.

c

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
start them side by side and see who can lap quickest - like Race of Champions. First to get back to their starting point first wins
That ^^^ was another possibility I thought of.
thumbsup.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts