SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy doritos Batman! Who doesn't want this car?

Haven't seen any pictures of this yet, and I didn't even know it was coming out. Has anyone got any info about it, or when it is coming out?

Might have to be getting this one, even after my recent Slot.It experience...

Lotus

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, loving that Mild Seven car...

Cheers for that Roadkill, you inadventently (or perhaps advertantly?) have shown us that it is not one of the planned liveries, but a custom paintjob done by Slot.It themselves for the great 24hour race. Bugger.

Oh well, will have to buy a white one and spray it up... *please make a white one, please make a white one*

Lotus

·
Registered
514 Posts
I came to the same conclusion, Lotus. Just didn't want to speculate openly.
Would be great if they put it in production, especially after tempting us with it on their homepage.

Despite my previous shortcomings with painting a car I am tempted to try something with the forthcoming white 956.

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE (Roadkill @ 11 May 2004, 01:18)I came to the same conclusion, Lotus. Just didn't want to speculate openly.
Would be great if they put it in production, especially after tempting us with it on their homepage.

Despite my previous shortcomings with painting a car I am tempted to try something with the forthcoming white 956.

Well, at least DMC has the Decal Set available.

Painting the car is not difficoult as it's only one colour, the real (?) problem is dissassembling the car before spraying: there's a lot of very small pieces (windows, exhausts, etc.) and you risk to crack them while removing from the body.
That's enough to hope the white car will be available in kit.

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
265 Posts
It appears, looking at my own car, that a good Micro-Mask job would eliminate the need to remove EVERY part. On some of them,(like the exhaust), one could paint the main color right over them and come back with a #10 brush and do a pretty fair job of it. (Hell, if your any good with a detail brush, you could really get some fine looking surfaces all over the car.) The white car could be a real treat for a halfway decent modeller.

Take a chance and enjoy!
(look what it did for me!)

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
The photo is of the Jagermeister Team Slot.it car that finished 2nd in the Verbano 24 hour race last year.

Maurizio will be the first to tell you that a 956 long-tail never raced in Jagermeister livery, only the short-tail version. But he liked the colours and did a great job of it too!

I believe that Maurizio used DMC decals, which are made for the TrueScale 1/32nd scale Porsche 962C.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
That car also appeared at Igualada as 'Team Jaegermeister Italia' in the awesome hands of the drivers for Slot.Its Team, one of whom has a small speaker connected to an outlet on his controller, he uses this to listen to the sound of the motor or something (was VERY LATE and I didn't get it all) but the general giist was, I think, that he could hear problems arising in the car from the change in pitch or frequency

Maybe Maurizio could correct me on the fine details of this bizarre contraption?

Whether it works or not I don't know but they finished 11th overall from a field of 32, compared to our 'shall I say' slightly worse performance!

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
QUOTE ...has a small speaker connected to an outlet on his controller, he uses this to listen to the sound of the motor or something (was VERY LATE and I didn't get it all) but the general giist was, I think, that he could hear problems arising in the car from the change in pitch or frequency

You are having a giraffe, aren't you? Don't tell Mope, he'll have a "black box" fit.

Orange livery? Not for me, ta. I'll wait for the Kenwood, or maybe I'll go with the Blaupunkt, as I saw that one race at Brands in a 1000km event.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I think that they will all be well worth waiting for Wankel, although you may want to save your money for the Nissan!

I've already pre-ordered the Le Mans 1984 Rothmans 3-car P956 set from Sean, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford the others (and get away with it, if you know what I mean!)

The 962 releases, hopefully all this year will be:-

SICA03a Porsche 962 Blaupunkt Le Mans 1988
SICA03b Porsche 962 Repsol

Additionally, some 956C's:-

SICA02c Porsche 956C #8 Spirit of America
SICA02d Porsche 956C #18 Boss Le Mans 1983

And the SICA02z Porsche 956 unpainted.

"Le Mans Winners" limited editions:-

SICW01b Porsche 956C 3-car Set Rothmans Le Mans 1982
SICW01a Porsche 956 NewMan 1st Le Mans 1984

Hopefully also this year, SICA04a Nissan R390 GT1 and SICA04a Sauber Mercedes C9.

On the Nissan, I understand that the prototype was tested under race conditions last night at the Soragna club circuit. It was built up entirely from test-shots and acquitted itself rather well -- the driver's personal best lap time had been a 16.21 with a Slot.it P956 sidewinder, and he did a 15.75 with the Nissan after only 20 laps of practice. In the race he set a new personal record of 87 laps with the Nissan, versus 84 with the P956, finishing in 2nd place -- which for a non-club member is almost unheard of...

Sounds promising!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does anyone know what the production numbers on the Rothmans set and the NewMan will be?
I vaguely recall reading 1000 for the Rothman set, but can't remember where I saw it. If that number is correct I guess I better pre-order...

Sounds like the Nissan is another "must have" car. This is getting expensive!

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
I picked up the 1-2-3 was a ltd 1000 run and these are not going to last long on the shelves esp at waht is a great RRP for a ltd ed 3 car set.

Nissan - sounds extremely promising. It would be good to see how it looks compared to the interesting reprotec version

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Crikey, Russ.

That sounds good.

I can't wait to hear about that in the News section soon.

Tee, hee.

That Newman livery is a sweetie.

I too am all esurient for the Nissan. But please, please Maurzio, no test livery first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts